13 || Cymbidium Orchid

Start from the beginning

I picked five of each design, loading them into the bag that the woman was still patiently holding for me. I was genuinely going to take all of them, but Kamaria wouldn’t appreciate that.

“For a sister?” The woman beside me asked when I moved to the bags and nail polish bottles.

“My girlfriend.” I simply responded, and I took note of the small falter in her features through my dark glasses.

“Oh. She’s very lucky to have a man like you,” she commented, holding out her arm when I took a designer blue bag.

“No, I'm the lucky one.” I said in a matter of fact tone.

After buying all the pretty turquoise items in the store, I moved to pay for the items, pulling my phone out when it vibrated.

“Mig, what's up?” I plugged in a diamond-encrusted bud, using the edge of my phone to pay against the teller machine.

“I made your reservation in the garden. Should I inform her or?—”

“No, not yet. She doesn’t know I'm coming,” I told him.

“Hm, lovely. You're really stepping up. Love that man,” he was chuckling and I shook my head, receiving three bags once everything was packed.

“I know. Make sure you’ve got her favourite dishes ready,” I warned and he groaned.

“Of course. I'm about to leave but everything is set,” he convinced me.

“Indeed. I'll be fucking you up if anything goes wrong.”

“Whatever. Remember to take pics for the group chat man,” he cut the call before I could say anything. Great.

“Mr. Vizcaino, we've got a blue self-care set for the lucky woman if you're interested. Purely organic and natural, and special packaging.” One of the women said to me, placing a package in cellophane on the counter before giving me a blinding smile.

“Brand?” I asked, inspecting the boxed items that ranged from bath salts to serums.

“Velour, mostly. I follow your page and I'm aware that you've recommended it.”

“Hmm. Of course, I’ll take it.” I nodded, paying once again while they packed it into an eye-catching pastel bag.

“Just a question, are you ever going to have a wine-tasting for the new blends that you're making? I can't wait for them.” The other woman asked me.

“Yeah, still planning.” I replied, taking all the bags, “thank you for your service, ladies. Impressive place.” I smiled, and they all chorused their gratitude.

After loading everything into the car, I drove to the restaurant. I was a little nervous but very excited to see Kamaria. It's been a few days since our museum date and I just couldn’t wait to be with her again. My beautiful, melanated queen.

I parked, took the packages from the passenger’s seat then gave them to one of the waiters, who was managing our reservation, to take them to the garden.

This gave me the opportunity to enter the restaurant and search for my pretty girl. The place was pretty busy for a Thursday afternoon, and it was evident that a lot of people were fond of the meals and overall vibes here.

Moving to the section behind the counter, I could hear voices speaking and without hesitation, I opened the door. I found Kamaria packing her stuff into her bag, dressed in her chef’s jacket and her hair was in an unkempt bun. It was clear that she had been having a busy day.

But what made me clench my fists was how there was a man standing against the wall, attempting to convince her of something she clearly didn’t want to agree to.