Again, when I glanced at her, she was drinking the alcohol from the bottle like it was water. I wanted to ask her if something was going on with her and why she seems so distant, however, this was supposed to be postponed until we were alone and she was sober. Coming here was the worst decision, I should have stayed at Aiden's place and should have completed my work there.

The sound of glass shattering broke me from my deep consideration. I saw a bottle of alcohol bottle is shattered in front of me.

Ava had a smirk on her face, she had thrown the bottle.

" Like this," she stretched her one hand in front, pointing to the shattered pieces of glass. "You are heart is going to be shatter by him."

I froze.

Why she was being so rude? I haven't caused any harm to her.

She laughed and took a long drag from the cigarette which was laying on the floor and was used by Grace earlier. I couldn't stay here if Ava when her remark lingered here, so I decided to leave for Aiden's house for the night because the possibility of her going from there seemed next to impossible.

-

-

When I reached his house and the housekeeper which I became familiar with due to the countless times I have spent time here welcomed me with a warm smile. Aiden was occupied with work so the only alternative left was to wait for him and I certainly remembered that one time he told me about a library in the house, so here I was, sitting on a comfortable chair with a towering shelf containing the books of different genres. After Aiden's room, this was certainly my favorite room in this mansion.

The book currently has me engrossed in its quite fastidious and subtle words. Just as I slightly shifted to get into a comfortable position on the chair, familiar strong arms wrapped around me and picked me up from the chair, and placed me on the lap, I knew it was Aiden due to the warmness and safety I always feel in his arms, my backside pressed on his hard muscles chest and smile spread on my face.

"You should stop sneaking like this," I smiled turning slightly so I could look at his handsome face. He squeezed my side mildly as his hot breath was fanning over my ear. "Now where is the fun in that," and with that, he slammed his lips on my mouth.

Our lips started to move in perfect rhythm as his arms held me in the tightest grasp. His mouth moved down to my neck and I moaned. I cupped his face and brought my lips against his, I kissed him, hard. That might indeed give birth to the stars to revolve around his head.

" It was amazing," he said, after the kiss, while I try to catch my breath. I leaned into him as my head was on his chest and legs limping loosely around the side, we sat there for some time, basking in each other warmth, safe and sound in our world.

" As much I love that you are here, what brought you here? Didn't you want to complete your assignments?" There was pure confusion in his tone. For some unknown reason, I didn't want to enlighten Aiden about what happened between me and Ava earlier. Certain matters should be handled without any support and this was one of them and I have already dealt with it smoothly.

"I just missed you." Well, it wasn't a lie because I truly missed him even though it's been a small gap of time.

" I missed you too." He ran his hand through my thick long hair and my hand tightened around his neck. For a long moment, my eyes closed and a soothing breath and heartbeat were only heard in the still room.

"Aiden?" I called breaking the comfortable silence. He hummed in response.

"Can I ask you a question?" He kissed the top of my head.