Empty

I awoke the next morning feeling so elated. My parents had accepted him they wanted me to be happy, I really didn't expect that answer I couldn't wait to tell him.

So I didn't wait, I got straight up walking over to his pod with a skip in my step. I peered through the door just to make sure everyone was awake, Neytiri's ears twitched at my arrival "Morning Tálèa" she said with a smile, I nodded in response. "Could I speak to Neteyam please" I asked as I watched the boy stand up making his way to me.

When we were out of sight from his family he took my hand pulling me into him "Morning Ma Lèa" he whispered beautifully as he kissed my forehead. I smiled the biggest smile in a long time as I looked up at him, "what?" He chuckled "my parents approve..of us" I whispered. As soon as those words left my mouth I was flung up into the air being twirled about, I couldn't help by laugh "Teyam put me down everyone's watching!" I shout through my laughter.

"I've never been so happy Lèa" I smile at his words as we rest our foreheads on each other "me too" I whisper.

I had spent the whole day with Neteyam, we went diving for a while as he helped me collect more shells. He wanted to make me a new waist band with pearls and shells, I was smiling the whole time as I showed him how. He was always a fast learner so he picked it up very quickly.

We went swimming on our ilu's together chasing each other round leaping into the air. I don't think I had ever felt so happy.

As we were sat on the beach together we watched as Tonowari and Ronal dragged Lo'ak, Aonung and Tsireya into their pod. We decided to see what was happening as we entered Ronal spoke up "you allowed this to happen?" She hissed at Aonung and Tsireya, she then looked at me as she said this, I gave her a confused look as she spoke again "you allowed him to bond with the outcast!" My eyes widened in shock at her words.

"Tsireya" my dad said sternly making her gasp in shock "you disappoint me daughter" her face looked broken..I hated seeing her so sad. I went to her side taking hold of her hand trying to offer her some support. My parents gaze soon turned to me "Tàlèa, were you there. Did you know" they said sternly, I slightly shook my head as I whispered a response "I-I didn't know about this...but I knew about Payakan" I said as I show my head to the floor not wanting to see their faces.

"I thought I had raised my children better" Ronal hissed, I couldn't help as my ears pinned to the side of my head tightening my grip on Tsireya. "And you." My father said turning his attention to Lo'ak as his parents too showed up. "Son of a great warrior, who has been taught better" he said sternly "Payakan saved my life sir, you don't know him" Lo'ak Jabbed back as Tsireya quietly told him to stop talking.

"Sit" my dad said quietly as Lo'ak bent to the ground, my dad quickly loosing his temper "sit down!" He shouts pointing at all of us. I couldn't help flinching at his words as I let out a small cry, I rarely ever heard him angry "hear my words boy, in the days of the first songs, Tulkun fought amongst themselves, for territory and for revenge. But they came to believe that killing, no matter how justified, only brings more killing. So all killing was forbidden. This is the Tulkun way. Payakan is a killer, so he is outcast" my father said trying to get through to the boy.

It clearly didn't work as Lo'ak responded "I'm sorry sir,  but you're wrong." I heard his mother Huss behind him, I couldn't help but stare at him, he was going against my dads words. "I know what I-" Lo'ak goes to speak again as Jake shouts "that's enough" me and sister both shake our head at him, hoping this could end soon. "I know what I know" Lo'ak says again earning a snarl from my mother.

"That's enough" Jake says sternly "I'll deal with this one" I watch as Jake grabs Lo'ak by the arm pulling him back to their pod, Neteyam following slowly behind. "Go!" My father shouts as he ushered the rest of his children away.