Apologies

I woke early in the morning for the first time in a while, normally my sister would be waking me up as I had been sleeping in a lot more, but the butterflies in my stomach kept me awake from. Last night I kissed Neteyam, I don't regret it, I liked it, just, what would everyone else think. I don't want my parents to be disappointed in me, but I know I have to tell them at some point, but for now I'm happy keeping it to myself.

I walk out our pod as I spot Aon sat on the beach looking out at the water, I know better than anyone why he's there, I go there for the same reasons, to clear your mind. "Hey Aon" I whisper sitting next to him, he just looks at me with sad eyes "you okay?" I question him, he turns to me taking my arms in his hands "Tálèa..I am so so sorry for my friends.. for me, what I did was not right, I don't know why I did it, I just wanted them to like me." I looked at him in pity as I pulled him in for a hug "Aon it's oka-" he was quick to cut me up "no it's not Tálèa you're my sister..my bestfriend and I hurt you I let my friends hurt you. I offended the Sully children when I was meant to help them. I don't deserve forgiveness but I'd like to try.." I hug him even tighter "Aon..I don't condone what you did, but we all make mistakes nobody is perfect.."

"You're too kind Lèa" he says "No you're my brother, I know you're better than that. I just wish you didn't hang around those Skxawng's" I say "I won't anymore I cut them off last night..I'd like to apologise to them..please" I let him out of my hug as I look at him "come on then we can go apologise." Tsireya wanted me to meet her over by the rock pools with the Sully's so I lead us over.

As we approached Neteyam, Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk, Rotxo and Tsireya were all sat in a circle, they all turned around looking at us, the Sully kids clearly not happy. I lead Aon over as I hold his hand, "Aon wanted to speak to you guys..could you listen to him..please" I say quietly as everyone nods. "Hey guys, I am so sorry for what I've said and done to you since being here. It wasn't right of me and I shouldn't have let my friends do that either..I've cut them off, I won't be doing that again. Is there any chance of forgiveness..?"

I look around trying to judge all their faces as they listen to his apology, Lo'ak was the first to speak as he stood up moving towards us, "we all make mistakes bro it's okay" Aon smiles at the boy "maybe one day you could teach me a punch" he says laughing "yeah sure bro" Lo'ak said. Neteyam and kiri agreed with their brother forgiving Aon, Tuk immediately forgave him as she never knew what he did wrong anyway.

We all sit together as Aon asks "so.. what did happen in the reef when you were out there?" I gently nudge him "no it's okay I'd like to tell you guys" Lo'ak said.

"Well as I was looking for you on my Ilu a big fish came to attack me..it wanted to eat me, I tried my best to swim in between the corals and hide it did work.. but I started to struggle I was running out of air when another big whale like creature attacked it saving my life. I awoke on its back.."

"I wish I'd been there, the ocean blessed you with a gift brother." Kiri said "the Tulkun have not returned yet. Any anyway, no Tulkun is ever alone." Aon said. "Well this one was. He had a missing fin, like a stump on the left side" Lo'ak said looking at Tsireya "payakan" she responded to him "payakan" she repeats looking at us all. "Who's payakan?" Kiri questioned "a young bull who went rogue. He's outcast. Alone. And he had a missing fin" Rotxo said.

"They say he is a killer" I say "no" Lo'ak said in disbelief. "He killed Na'vi and other Tulkun. Not here, but far to the south" Aon responded. "No he's no killer" Lo'ak said annoyed "Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive" I said "I'm telling you guys. He saved my life he's my friend" he said even more frustrated. I watched as Neteyam stood up resting his arms on the boys shoulders trying to cheer his brother up to lighten the mood "my baby bro! The mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun, and lived to tell about it" Lo'ak sighs brushing his brother off as he stood up "you guys aren't listening." He walks off as we try calling after him but he just left. "Just leave him" Neteyam says "he probably just needs some time" we all nod in response.