blank space

Harry,

I must say, the owl was quite a shock. I would have been expected to be warned about such a thing, but I suppose it may have been your idea of a surprise- despite the fact you didn't mention in the letter.

So I have questions of course. First, what is the owl's name? If it is going to be delivering letters then I must know what to call it. Second, how did it know who I was? It dropped the letter right at my feet the second I walked in. Third, did you train it yourself? Carrier pigeons are typically only able to return home to a certain point, it is marvelous that your owl could find a new address.

As for what you did mention in your letter, yes I do live with my Tía and Tío. When my papá passed away they took me in. They're nice and all, but nothing like my papá. He was the kindest, most loving man I've ever known. Always encouraging me to go for what I wanted and never settle for less.

But enough about me, I have got to know the story about Remus and his son? Normally I wouldn't question having a child from a previous relationship, but the fact you told me it is a long story makes it all the more intriguing.

My business card is in the envelope.

-Isabel Moreno

Leo sealed up the letter and added a stamp. Harry's letter had a fancy wax seal, but Isabel did not have the funds, nor the emotional effort to match his style. However, she did own a book of stickers from when she was a child. She flipped through them until she found an owl, then she stuck it on the closing just as the wax seal was.

Isabel sent the letter off to the mail, and as soon as she did she doubted her decision to give Harry her card.

The truth is Isabel didn't have a work phone. She was barely paying off the phone she did have. It was just easier to tell people it was a work phone number so they would not treat it like her personal, although some people still did.

But now Harry had access to her anytime he pleased, not just once a week by letter.

********

Isabel,

Thank you very much for the replacement business card, I will be sure to use it next time I need a ride. But alas, I've been enjoying these letters and don't want to halt them, so I will be using it sparingly.

Now for the owl. I am so incredibly sorry for not mentioning him. It didn't even cross my mind that it might frighten you, all my friends are so used to it, many of them also have owls. A bit weird I know. And his name is Mad-Eye, named after an old mentor of mine that passed away (no I'm not lying). And he is an incredibly intelligent owl. He knew you based on the description and I looked up the location of your house before sending him off.

Your papá sounds wonderful, I'm so sorry that he was ripped from your life so early. Some people will tell you that you should be grateful to have anytime with him, but no, I think it is most likely more painful to lose him then to never have him. So I am so sorry for your loss.

On a happier note I suppose, is the complicated relationship between my godmother, Adeline, and her husband Remus. They dated as teenagers but broke it off right before she went to jail for murdering my parents. Before they got back together, Remus dated my godfather, the "terrifying" Sirius Black. After he passed, Remus and Adeline started getting closer again, but got into a fight before making it official. A bit after the fight, he had a drunken hook up with this woman Tonks leading to Teddy's conception. Note, Tonks is in fact a lesbian and is dating Adeline's best friend who she was also in a fight with at the time.

So as you can see, very very messy.

I was disappointed not to hear anymore stories of people you've driven around, I cannot imagine what you've told your friends about our odd trio.

Best wishes,
Harry.

Harry added a wax seal once more as he closed the envelope up. He had carefully removed the sticker she used and restuck it on the wall.

He sent it off with his owl once more.

**********

"AHHHHHHHH."

Isabel ran out to the kitchen at the sound of screaming.

"¡Está de vuelta!" Carmen screeched as Isabel looked at the owl in the window. Isabel gave Carmen a reassuring squeeze on the arm before walking by her.

"Hola Mad-Eye." Isabel said calmly as she approached it. Instead of flying into the house, the owl just stuck out its claw that had her letter.

Isabel carefully took it, then gave the owl a pet.

"Rabies!" Carmen yelled in English pulling Isabel away from Mad-Eye who flew off at the quick movement.

"It's domesticated... I think." Isabel answered looking back down at her letter.

"Tsk tsk." Carmen said leaving Isabel alone to read her letter, and then to run up to her room to write her own.

Harry,

What can Mad-Eye eat? It is quite a long journey for him and I would love to give him an energy boost before he returns home.

As for my passengers, last week I had quite a peculiar drive to the hospital. A man with a snake around his neck said he was going to visit his grandmother. I asked what he was planning on doing with the snake and he asked if he could leave it with me. I of course said no and gave him the chance to go return it to his house but he declined so I drove him there anyways. I watched as he tried to enter the hospital but quickly drove off before he came back out because I know security would be giving him the boot and he would try to get me to drive him home.

Furthermore, I haven't told anyone about meeting the three of you. My friends don't care much for my stories, they're more of just the 'let's get drinks' type of friends. And my Tía would be too nosey, so for now it is just between me and the three of you. Plus all the people I'm sure you all told.

Best wishes,

Isabel

//an

another short chapter bc i really just don't know what i'm doing with this book

think i'm going to have them reunite in person in the next chapter bc i'd rather write dialogue than letters

title description: a bit of a stretch but like taylor on the eras tour with her surprise songs, i too am running out of songs bc i'm trying not to repeat from the last book... even tho i already did bc i hadn't marked paper rings off. but i chose blank space since they're writing each others names

luv ya <3