long story short

In some ways Harry was grateful that they fell into a peaceful silence, but in others he was disappointed that he was not getting to hear more about the pretty cab driver.

He kept a running list of every new thing about her: she's a cab driver (duh), she must be either the nicest person in the world or desperate for money if she accepted this trip, she's incredibly patient but also knowledgeable, and finally that her dad died and mum left.

Harry was finding himself to be desperate to learn more, racking his brain for any conversation starters that wouldn't be too awkward breaks of the silence.

"Hermione I feel really sick." Ron whispered in the back.

"Like throw up sick?" Hermione asked concerned.

"Yes." Ron nodded.

Isabel pointed at the glove compartment and asked Harry forcefully, "Can you get a bag out?"

"Yeah sure." Harry said pulling one out and reaching back to hand it to Ron.

"Ron if you're going to throw up, tell me to pull over and try to throw up outside, but if not puke in the bag." Every word was urgent and demanding, she turned back to Harry and spoke in the same stressed way, "There's also some dramamine in the glove compartment but it doesn't always work after you're already sick. You also might have to switch seats with Ron, sometimes being in the front seat helps."

No. Harry through to himself. I will not move to the back. I won't have Ron's pureblood wizard antics scare you off.

Harry grabbed the dramamine and handed it back to Hermione, before handing it to her he mouthed, "Pepperup?"

Hermione nodded and reached into her purse to look. She finally pulled it out when Ron gagged once.

Isabel immediately pulled over and Ron opened the door just time to throw up outside.

Harry looked over at Isabel to see her put the car in park and place with her head in her knees and her hands over her ears.

While terrified to cross the invisible wall between them, Harry reached out and placed his hand reassuringly on her shoulder. "You okay?"

"I have emetophobia." Isabel mumbled not looking up.

"What's emetophobia?" Harry asked confused.

"An extreme fear of throwing up." Hermione answered while rubbing Ron's back and trying to hand him the potion. Eventually Ron took it and immediately his health improved.

"I'm feeling much better!" Ron said cheerfully.

"Sometimes vomiting does that. If you don't move up front, at least move to the middle seat. Looking out the side windows is often what makes people sick." Isabel reached into her side door, "Here's a pack of Pringles, empty stomach is also a reason for carsickness. And finally" Isabel handed Ron the Pringles, mouthwash, and perfume without turning around and looking at him. "Close the door, spit this out the window and then spray this perfume throughout the back seat. I cannot take the smell."

"How do you know all this stuff?" Harry asked as Ron began obeyed every one of her commands.

Isabel merged back onto the road before answering, "I drive around a lot of people. A third of them get carsick, I needed to be as prepared as possible because I hate people getting sick. Usually the adults are fine, it's the kids I have to worry about."

"And we've established Ron is like a kid." Harry said recalling their previous conversation.

"Yes we have." Isabel looked over at him with a smile, "It's just that kids don't always know that they do get carsick or know how to prevent it. Adults figure it out after awhile."