27. RUN

Shrishti's POV

I smiled at Avyukt and picked my feet up from the dynamite. Nothing. Avyukt was confused. I was supposed to blow up into a thousand peices. I checked my watch. 36 seconds until the soldiers are alerted about gunshots.

I slipped the ring off my finger and dropped in to the ground before turning and sprinting as fast as I could. I exited the warehouse and ran while the chilly air cut through my hair and open wounds.

I saw him standing at the other side of a small boulder. I took cover behind the rock while I panted. Madhav smirked at me before pressing a switch on a controller he had.

Boom.

I peeked and saw the warehouse go up in flames. Maybe on the other side, my comrades, Veer, Jai and Prayas would be watching the scene. I feel sorry

"Come one, let's put you in jail." Madhav led me. I shot one last glance at the warehouse and went with Madhav who through his sources got me into jail.

I stood before Veer, a smirk playing on my lips as I spoke into his phone, "Maa, I'm hurt that you didn't consider me as a suitor for your son."

Veer's mom, Tanuja spoke, "Oh, Shrishti! I had forgotten about you. Oh, my. How could I? Are you willing to marry Veer?"

I held my gaze with Veer who was shocked still, "Yes, that is if he has no problem."

"Oh, he won't have any problem. I'll have to tell Samarth immediately." Tanuja auntie squealed. Veer swiftly walked over to me and grabbed the phone.

"No, Ma. Don't tell Samarth. Uh...it's because we are planning on revealing it to him...and other, yes others as a surprise. Please keep it a secret." Veer hastily spoke stumbling on his words.

Oh...his mom doesn't know I'm dead but everyone else does. Shit!

Veer hung up on the call and turned to me. He didn't even come close to me.

"What...you, are you insane?" He looked furious. I just walked over taking the glass of wine.

"I never thought you'd move on from me so easily. Look at you. Ready to marry someone who's not me."

"I hate you, Shrishti." He spoke in a tone that was too dark for me. I saw him look down at the ground and sigh.

"Veer-"

"I mourned for you! Everyone did! Couldn't you have let us known that you were fine?!"

"What are you even-"

"I was so angry at you. You are...so selfish. You think this is funny? It's not, okay." He turned to me.

"Excuse me! I did let you know that I was fine! Madhav told you!" I screamed back at him for I was mad that he wasn't letting me speak.

Veer looked taken aback, "He didn't tell me shit!"

I facepalmed myself, "That moron. I told him to tell you."

"How did you even- how are you alive?" He paced nervously. I stopped him and held his arm. He flinched almost as if he didn't believe it was me.

"That's a story for another time." I gave his arm a reassuring squeeze.

"Shrishti-"

"Megha." I uttered and Veer was confused, "Megha Agarwal. I've cut ties with that industry now. Shrishti is dead."

"Does anyone else know?"

"Madhav knows. And you. Only two of you. I will have to reveal it to everyone over a course of time." I looked at him.

It felt wierd looking at Veer who was so conflicted and angry and surprised. That moment I realised, I don't have to run anymore. What I always wanted is mine. A normal life.

I flung my arms around his shoulder, holding him in a hug. He was reluctant. I still waited. I knew he reciprocated my feelings.

He finally strung his arms around me holding me like he'd never wanna let go. And in that moment...I was happy.

"Sorry that you got a Megha instead of Shrishti." I said in a whisper and his embrace got more firm.

"Have I got her for life? Or is she running away again?" He spoke next to my ear.

"For life. No drama this time."

We stood there in so much peace and happiness. It would have been the best to freeze the time then for I was genuinely happy. I sighed a relieved breath.

"Veer, who is that!?" Prayas's voice shot through and I jumped apart from him. My back was faced to the door.

"You decided to go behind our back and find yourself a girl-" Jai's voice caught up in my throat when I turned to them.

"Hey." I warily said.

"...Ghost." Jai said. Prayas dropped the bag he had brought with him and was ready to sprint out the same door he walked in through.

"Guys, wait. It is me. Shrishti. I'm not a ghost." I simply explained. Prayas and Jai walked to me slowly. They stood before me. Prayas raised his hand and poked my shoulder.

"You're real."

"Obviously, I am-" the breath knocked out of me when the two of them pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"We hate you, so much. You jerk." Jai whispered next to my left year.

Maybe, if I had stayed that day, I would not have this. I guess there are some perks of running from home that day. I would have had a good family if I hadn't run.

I saw through the hug and saw Veer looking at us with hints of relief and joy in his eyes. I extended my hand to him while still being caught in between Jai and Prayas. Veer held my hand with a scoff.

But because I did run then, I was able to confront Veer as to why he tried to kill me, I  have made friends for life. Yes, I lost plenty. I lost Aisha and Shiv and Rohit...but I have all of these guys here. Friends and the "love of my life."

🗝️

Epilogue in making...
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and drop a vote if you did. And comment your thoughts.
See ya'