Chap 6 : An I guess will do

Start from the beginning

"No, you're not any of those things", he assures me taking a long step towards me. I step back only to get in the way of some shrubs. He helps me up and I let him- only because I don't want to fall- but push his arm away when I'm steady on two feet.

"Abby I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let her say those things to you", he says looking over my hair. "Too hard to brush or trying to impress someone?", He asks with a smirk and I feel my ears getting pink. I blame it on the cold even if it might not be.

"I'll take the first one", I say and he smiles with a small chuckle escaping his lips.

"Yeah sure", he says and I try not to break into a smile. "Let's go in?", He asks and I sigh so he gives me a pleading look. Why can't I say no to him?.

"I'm not staying long", I say walking ahead of him.

"We'll see about that", he says with a smile, walking behind me.

Noah closes the door behind him as I walk further into the house. I turn around to him and the mischievous look his holding urges me to raise a brow at him.

"What?", I ask.

"Wonder when you'll realize it's just the two of us in here", he says and I look around. Just the two of us?. I take a peep into the kitchen and when I see it's empty I look back at him.

"First of all why? and second of all why?", I ask literally not making sense.

"I'm gonna need you to elaborate on that", he says giving me a little laugh.

"Why aren't your parents around and why isn't there food on the dinner table?", I elaborate and watch him walk up to me.

"They went out for a business dinner and there's no food on the table because we're making dinner", he says then walks past me into the kitchen. I blink. He wants us to what? Although I hate the idea of working right now, I kinda like the idea of being close to him.

I walk into the kitchen looking half grumpy and half pleased. "This isn't what you said over the window", I mention not that I cared anymore.

"Oh really? Then what did I say?", He asks.

"It sounded like, dinner at my place?", I say playfully putting on a confused face and he laughs so I join him.

"So what'd you want to eat?", He asks looking at me. I feel his eyes has the power to summon anything to submit to it.

"Take outs", I say and he squints his eyes in thought, "Tempting huh?", I tease and he nods smiling.

"Yeah but I want something else.. so any other cravings that are not outside this kitchen?", He asks.

"Well.. you can't cook so spagehtti seems like the best option", I say and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Funny", he mocks.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I'm good with jokes", I say with sarcasm walking to the cabinets. I pull out two spagehtti packets and fish out a pot from another cabinet.

Noah gives me an impressed look and I hide a smile. He should know I'm not a random visitor. I know this house like the back of my hand.

"Still think I'm just a neighbor", I say and he smirks.

"Not a bit", he says and we both chuckle.

"C'mon help me get it to the burner", I say and he nods picking the pot up from the counter where I placed it and to the burner. I hand him a spaghetti packet afterwards and he takes it. I open mine putting it into the pot and just as I turn to Noah his packet bursts open and the pasta reaches the floor in a blink.

I look up at him with an open mouth, "Wha-

"I'll get another packet", he says but I stop him.

"No, I'll get another packet while you clean up your mess", I say and he sighs getting down on his knees. I reach the cabinet taking another packet. I pause, now normally at home my mum would cook two pastas but this isn't home.

"Hey isn't-", I say turning but stop when I see Noah looking directly at me but then he looks away focusing on the pasta. What was that about?.

"Um.. don't you think two would be too much?", I ask and he looks up.

"You picked two the first time not me", he points out and I nod. Yeah my gluttonous mind is making decisions now.

"Right, we'll cook one", I say putting the pasta back into the cabinet.

"It's okay if you want us to cook two", he says on his feet now. I look away holding my arm with the other. I don't want him to see me over eating. He'll just think I'm fat, that is, if he doesn't already think that way.

I close the cabinet then move to the burner where the pot is. I fill it with water and turn the burner on. Just as I'm about to close the lid a hand stops me.

Noah comes in view with a pasta in hand and I raise a brow at him. "I prefer we used two", he says then puts the pasta in the pot. I smile adding more water.

I bring out a chopping board while Noah just stands. I give him a look, he gives me one back. I roll my eyes.

"Do onions ring a bell?", I ask and his eyes light up.

"Oh yeah", Noah says bringing out their ingredient basket. I look over the fresh vegetables and pick out a big onion, a few bell peppers which makes Noah look my way with a warning look so I reduce the bell peppers with a sigh. Who doesn't like spicy food?.

I hand Noah the onion and the look he gives me says he doesn't know what to do with it. I let out another sigh.

"You're meant to cut it", I say and he frowns a bit. "I'm not the one who suggested we practice Gordon Ramsay so better grab a knife". He rolls his eyes at me before picking out a knife.

Noah who I thought was frowning suddenly wears a smile like pennywise. I give him a weird look. He looks up at me and I'm bewildered. What is going on?. He starts taking slow steps towards me and I start backing away.

"What are you doing?", I ask with a nervous chuckle because as creepy as his smile was it was still funny. When I turn round the counter his strides become long and I literally scream when he grabs my arm and then put the knife in my face.

Noah backs away laughing while I pant steadily, giving him an incredulous look.

"You should have seen your face", he says still not backing down his laughter.

"Noah!", I yell so the ah part of his name was stretched like a rubber band. "What was that?", I ask with an angry face.

"A joke", he casually says with a dimpled smile and I don't know if I should be mad at him or just stare in awe.

"You are a psychopath", I tell him and he nods acceptingly.

"And you're my psychiatrist", he says and I pause. We burst into laughter and it takes a while before I recover. I clutch my stomach, standing straight.

"Was that a pick-up line?", I question in high hopes for him to say yes.

"I guess", he says as we walk back to the chopping board. I smile to myself. Although it's not a yes, an I guess will do.