chapter 1(prolouge/backstory)

When Izuku Midoriya was 3, he was a bright kid. He was smarter and less oblivious to things most kids' ages would be oblivious to. One of these things was that his mother wasn’t all too fond of him. In fact, it was quite the opposite. instead of caring for him like a mother, she instead treated him with abhorrence and animus. She’d always said he was the reason his father had left. She never yelled at him or hit him, but she would remind him every chance she got that it had been his fault they were abandoned. He had fun doing what kids his age did while trying to ignore what his mom felt towards him and when he was 2 weeks away from when they were supposed to check for quirks he was so very excited he thought maybe his mom might start to show him attention. He got up the day of and got right out of bed, heading down, but despite how smart the boy was, there was nothing capable of preparing him for what was bound to happen.
When they got out of the car in front of the hospital where he would be getting his quirk checked, he was bouncing with joy. “Calm down, you brat” his mother said harshly, grabbing his arm. “Mom you're hurting me” he said, wincing at the ache in his wrist. She didn't listen to him, though she only loosened her grip when they got into the building.  They sat in the waiting room for about 10 minutes before being called into the room.  Izuku was ecstatic but decided to just smile brightly instead of jumping with joy like he wanted to.  Everything was going smoothly.  The doctor took his blood sample and x-rays and waited for the result. Izuku was frenetic, waiting to see what his quirk was.
The doctor came back into the room with a look of worry on his face not too prominent, but if you looked carefully, you could tell he was troubled by whatever the results were.  “Mrs Midoriya, I never do like telling parents this, and it doesn’t happen often” he started trying to select his words carefully, not sure of the reaction that she was going to give him.  “Pardon, I'm not sure I understand what you mean?” Inko responded a bit confused, trying to stay polite.  “Well Mrs. Midoriya, it seems your son might be quirkless.” he said, watching their reactions very closely.  “What” both Midoryia’s said in shock.  “I say might because he could be a late bloomer, meaning his quirk could come in later on, or he may never get one.” the doctor explained.  “Oh” Inko said quietly.  “Thank you, it’s a bit sad but it is your job so thank you” she spoke out in a honey sweet voice but there was something stuck in there, something that was never leaving that honey, it was anger.  She was livid as they walked out, but she put on a good act. She almost gave off the image of someone who held not even an ounce of hatred, but she was quite the opposite. She was filled to the brim with hatred and no amount of sweet talk, kind waves, and polite head nods were going to cover that up.
When they got into their house, Inko threw izuku to the ground. “Mom?” he said, trying to recover from the fall.  “I did everything,” she screamed at him, her face boiling to the brim with nothing but hatred and anger.  “What?” Izuku was confused as to why his mother was yelling.  “I spent all my time raising you, I fed you, I paid for everything you needed, everything! What do I get? Nothing, I got nothing from this! You were supposed to get a good quirk and make me rich. You were supposed to be my new start, I put my sweat and blood into raising you, and you’re quirkless!” she screamed, kicking him in his side.  Izuku let out a strangled cry as the air had practically been kicked out of his lungs.  He looked up at his mother still trying to catch his breath. He knew his mother was repealed by him, but this was different now. Instead of disliking him, she hated him, and that hatred went deep.  She grabbed his arm dragging him down the hallway, izuku was already crying to much to see out of his eyes so he didn’t see her open the door to the basement but he felt it when he was thrown down harshly feeling his head hit the ground and the immense pain made him scream out.  His so-called mother came down the stairs kicking him across the basement floor. He let out another wail when the pain in his head got worse. His head throbbed as blood began to pool from it, he could hear his heart beating in his ears, yet somehow the only thing he could think of was why he was such an unlucky person.  His mind brought a thousand thoughts to his head at once he had drowned out his mother, who had been screaming at him the whole time.  Suddenly, he had been knocked out of his head, feeling something hit his side repeatedly.  He realized immediately that his mother was kicking him in her fit of rage.  Around five minutes go by, and she finally stops.  “You're a pathetic excuse for a son” she said before making her way back upstairs.  Izuku let out a sigh of relief, grateful it was over. Well, for now.

937 words😁