Another thing coming

Merlin had no idea as to how Morgana had managed to exit the house without being noticed. Upon retreating back to "their chamber" to check on her he found it empty. He had asked his mother, who also had no knowledge of Morgana's whereabouts. He had told his mother not to worry and with that he had left her to finish her preparation for dinner as he started to look for the woman who had gone « missing ».

As he set his foot on the house's threshold, he hoped that Morgana hadn't attempted to escape once again.

Fortunately, it did not take him long to spot her though she was seated far distance from his parents house. He sighed in relief and made his way toward her.

From a distance he could only make out her form. Once he got closer to her, he realized that ––she had her eyes close.

Was she asleep? Had she not get enough? It had been hours since he had laid her down on the bed.

He approached her with steady steps making sure not to make loud noises.

"Are you asleep?" he asked gently, in case she was indeed resting he didn't wish to disturb her.

She was not.

She opened her eyes and tilted her head at him. Her eyes met his, and she quickly turned away from him, closing them once more.

"No. I'm thinking." The tone of her voice was hush, low.

It confused him.

He nodded his head at her response, ignoring what he just observed. He shifted his gaze from her form and took a prolonged look at their surroundings. It was the absolutey quiet and silent. A perfect haven to ponder. No wonder Morgana chose to rest here.

His mind puased with that line of thought...what could Morgana be possibly thinking about. Another plot against Camelot?

"About?" He decided to ask her instead of making futile assumption. Why not simply get a straight answer from the source itself. No need to waste time.

She was leaning against a massive tree, big enough for the two of them to rest their backs against it. He started toward it.

Morgana turned her head, frowning. "Pardon?"

He stopped in his tracks.

It seemed that she did not understand what he had said. He rushed to clarify.

"You said that you were thinking. About what?"

"Oh." But she did not reply to his question right away. Instead, she settled her gaze on him, following him until he was seated next to her, yet he put a lot of space between them.

He titled his head, giving her a look that said that he was still waiting for her response.

Her lips curved slightly upward, forming a small yet clear, bitter smile.

"You." Her voice was soft. He arched an eyebrow. Merlin certainly did not see that coming.

"Me?" he asked, confused. Her sad smile only got wider seeing the bewilder expression on his face.

He was waiting for an elaboration; he didn't expect her to confuse him furthermore with what she added next.

"There were signs, Merlin..." she heaved a sigh...it sounded shaky to him. Was she crying or trying to hide it ? "A lot of them, I might add, to be honest. Signs that indicated openly that you were not who you claimed to be."

His frowned deepened, he cleared his throat. "I do not understand what you are speaking of, Morgana?"

She blinked twice and sighed again, this time she seemed more composed, and in control over her emotions.