We have changed

Once in the dining room, Merlin sat across from Morgana at the table. Gaius along with Mordred and of course the king and queen joined them shortly they arrived there.

The dinner started with greeting from the late comers. Morgana ignored everyone including Mordred.

She was in no mood to be cheerful or to act happy.

The tension between Merlin and Morgana was obvious since neither of them bothered to hide it.

Glares were exchanges between these two and the whole room was drawn in awkward silence because of them. The rest sent some worried glanced in their direction. Yet none of them wanted to voice their bewilderment toward the odd behavior and eventually end it.

The silence was only broken when the prince's governess came into the room asking for the queen. Gwen left with the woman and the quiet once again returned.

"Is everything right?" Of course Arthur was the first one who decided to put an end to the uncomfortable situation.

"No"

"Yes"

Both Merlin and Morgana replied respectively at the same time, causing Arthur to arch an eyebrow.

Morgana gritted her teeth, glowering at Merlin who responded by rolling his eyes and huffing.

Arthur appeared to be hesitant to whether he should be amused or worried by their different answers.

He nodded his head, taking a sip from his drink.

"What's happened?" He once again asked, casually, his ton calm.

"Nothing" they replied together.

The other eyebrow followed up. "I see." Another sip. Arthur placed his goblet back on the table. He looked at Mordred then at Gaius.

"What's matter with them?" Gaius simply shook his head and shrugged. However, Mordred looked between his parents, and then his eyes were back on Arthur.

"Freya came for her monthly supplies; the three of them crossed paths."

"Oh!" His lips formed an 'o', then his eyes traveled between the warlock and his wife. He looked back at Mordred when those two didn't appear to be willing to elaborate on that matter.

"Is she alright? No harm was done to her?" The king inquired, his eyes concerned, but were fixed on Morgana, as if he trying to get a reaction from her. The latter was deadpanned; her face was cleared of any emotion.

Mordred quickly shook his head. "Do not worry. She left before..."He paused. "She ran the opposite direction when she saw Mother."

The knight and the king chuckled at that, Gaius smiled. Morgana shot Merlin a confused look which he instantly returned.

"That's good...excellent." Arthur breathed in relief. He gestured to the servant behind him and his goblet was instantly refilled.

"Why would you say that?" Merlin asked, his brow frowned, reflecting his perplexity.

Arthur shrugged "At least she's alive." The king sighed, his lips still curved in a smile.

The warlock's frown deepened. "Why wouldn't she be alive?"

What could possibly happen that might do Freya any harm. What did Morgana have to do with that?

The same questions were running through the witch's mind.

Arthur swallowed his drink before he responded, nonchalantly.

"Because last time she was here, Morgana almost killed Freya..."