Chapter 3 : The beginning

Merlin sat down on the ground, he leaned his head against a tree with a sigh. Blinking twice, he was close to tears which had already formed in his eyes. He took a deep, shaky breath and cleared his sore throat.

Merlin was torn between happiness and freaking out; happiness that, somehow, he was granted another chance to achieve his destiny and Albion, and freaking out because he was clueless and ignorant as to what might have resulted to this reality he was in.

Another deep breath, he had left Morgana asleep. His mind had been set on one thing. Heading toward the only thing that had both the ability and knowledge to explain what was happening; the Great Dragon.

But he had gone to the caves under the castle, and went to the forest, attempting to summon the dragon. He had screamed its name so hard, and so many times that he was currently left with a sore throat, and a rough voice. He was even more devastated than he had been before.

Sitting alone in the clearing had made him lose track of time, having no real idea how long he'd been sitting out there. His mind was blank and his heart was crushed into so many little pieces. A serpent of worry began to coil and hiss in his stomach, as he thought of what that indicated. If he was unable to summon the dragon, what did that mean? Was it dead? No, that was impossible.

His shook that thought away, he would not make any assumptions without proof and solid evidence.

How could he get to the bottom of this? He wondered with a heavy heart. Frustrated, he ran a hand through his hair. He sighed, both defeated and overwhelmed. He stood with difficulty, his legs aching from sitting too long.

He had been given another opportunity, he was not about to ruin it by questioning why it happened. He should be grateful to whatever higher power that offered it to him. Now he needed to do whatever he could to make sure that Morgana would not mess it up with her obsession of claiming the thrown. No matter the cost.

Morgana woke up, curled on her side. Upon opening her eyes, she inspected the other side of the bed, alert that it was empty. Perhaps the chamber was empty too.

If it wasn't for the fact that she was currently in her bedroom, she would have thought everything had been a dream and that everything she experienced was due to her imagination. But no such luck, she thought, disappointedly as her eyes traveled down to her belly which was still swollen proving her mental point.

She reached out a hand and touched the other half of the mattress, it was cold. She noted. Merlin must have been gone for a while now. She sighed in relief; that would give her chance to ponder everything.

She rolled over, so she now lay on her back. She adjusted her pillow until she found a comfortable position, and hooked an arm under her head, watching as shadows played across the ceiling and overhead rafters.

She was not sure how she should be reacting to what was happening. She drew in a deep breath, currently there was no one to talk to about these changes except for Merlin. But she wasn't sure how the conversation would go; she needed to start one first and see.

She had no idea how things ended up this way, she only possessed a vague knowledge that caused a slight tremor to run through her body; a knowledge which consisted of magic returning back to Camelot, being married to Merlin, and actually approving of Arthur to rule the kingdom.

She closed her eyes for a second, her mind going through the different scenarios that could have caused this life. There were many variables and events that could be the reason, there were too many. She wasn't sure if she could list them all.

A knock on the door caught her attention, and she turned her head toward the door. She thought that it would be Merlin. The person didn't wait for permission, and opened the door. She was mistaken, she realized as Gwen poked her head through in, her eyes brightening when they landed on Morgana.