4. All for you

A well-planned burglary goes wrong and Taehyung gets caught red-handed.

******************************

Taehyung huffed for the hundredth time in the past one hour.

'Damn you, Jimin, damn you,' he cursed mentally for the thousandth time, still trying his best to pick at the lock that was giving him quite a hard time. The dark night wasn't helping, either. 

Yes, he and his best friend Jimin were a pair of burglars. They had a fixed schedule just for fun. They picked a house every second Friday of the month, observed the residents of the house for an entire week, then set to work whenever they found convenient, and made sure to spend every last penny they earned from the burglary until the next project.

True followers of 'You Only Live Once' if you ask them, but it came with disadvantages, one of them being the current situation where Jimin was supposed to 'work' at their current victim's house that night but fell ill that morning and couldn't move from his bed. 

As they had not a single penny left, not even to get medicines for Jimin, Taehyung had no option but to take matters into his own hand. 

And that right there was their biggest disadvantage because stealing wasn't Taehyung's forte. He only dealt with selling the stolen goods and bringing in actual cash.

Their current victim, whose door Taehyung had been trying to open for the past one hour, was an extremely handsome man whom they had stalked the entire week. Taehyung, especially, had stalked him so hard that he even knew his showering schedule.

You couldn't blame him, the man was exactly his type. That adorable nose, those adorable bunny teeth, such adorable eyes, those adorable (hot) biceps, that adorable (sexy) body, that adorable (angelic) voice (according to Jimin), everything screamed HIS TYPE!!

He knew he would have no chance with the man, especially in the longer run when the man came to know what he and Jimin did for a living, but what was he going to lose by using his stalking week to its fullest? The man had a blind date to attend this night, anyway. Certainly no chance for Taehyung.

He was going to end his little infatuation with the burglary tonight and close it forever. He was going to move on and find another handsome man for himself. 

He and Jimin had promised to marry each other and settle down if they didn't find any partner for themselves until they turned thirty-five, anyway. And given the package he comes with, Taehyung was sure he would never find a man for himself.

The lock finally opened, the door falling loose as it opened, letting Taehyung step in. 

Throwing an air-punch in success, he tiptoed to the kitchen, the first target of all of their projects. 

They always stole from moderately rich households, so Jimin always found silver cutlery in the kitchen. From there, he'd move to the bedroom, where he would find cash, jewellery and designer items. 

That morning, after Jimin had fallen ill, he had instructed Taehyung to do the same. And surely, after searching for a while, Taehyung did find all the silver cutlery that was surely going to bring them a fortune. 

Chuckling to himself, he slowly and carefully began to put each of them in a huge bag that he had brought with him, hoping they didn't make too much noise. 

The silver kept emerging endlessly and it made Taehyung chuckle louder and dance a little. They were going to spend the coming month in utter luxury and he couldn't wait for it. 

He couldn't wait for the compliments that Jimin's fingers were going to rain him with.

---------------------------