3. What an unlucky day!!

Hi, hello, how do you do~

Guess who's back, hehe. I'm here to treat you guys with a mini version of sophomore in love, lol. This was something that I wrote before writing Sophomore in Love, and then drew the idea of that book from this. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

A series of unlucky events unexpectedly leads Jeongguk closer to his crush. 

******************

"EOMMA!! EOMMA, EOMMA, I'M LATE, I'M SO SO EFFING LA-"

Jeongguk stumbled on the stairs and landed ungracefully on his face, making his mother, brother and father run towards him with expressions varying from amusement to concern. 

"Ugh, what an unlucky day," he grumbled as he got off the floor with a scowl and continued running around the house to collect his things. 

After having woken up by falling off the bed and having brushed his teeth using his father's shaving cream, Jeongguk had already felt vexed by the day, but it didn't end there. 

He also misplaced his chemistry practical book after the weekly class the previous week and had to spend fifteen minutes of his precious morning searching for it, making him late for the very morning chemistry practicals that were taken by Mr. Kim Namjoon, a very, very scary teacher. 

"Here, have breakfast before leaving!!" Jihyo, Jeongguk's mother ran behind him with a sandwich just as he stumbled out of the house with one of his hands still pulling the counter of his shoe in place. 

"Eomma, I'm late!! Dimples will mark me absent if I'm late for his class!!" 

"Shh!!" Jihyo hit him on the shoulder. "How many times should I tell you not to nickname your teachers?! Shut up and eat the sandwich before leaving," she scolded. 

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and snatched the offending piece of bread from his mother and stuffed it into his mouth. "Ha'y?!" he asked with the sandwich hanging off his mouth. 

"Yeah, happy, now go-"

"ARGH!!" Jeongguk pulled the sandwich out of his mouth with a disgusted expression, "YOU PUT TOMATOES?!?! EOMMMAAAA!!" 

"Shh, I can't exclude it every day. Hyung likes tomatoes, remember? He is sacrificing tomatoes every time for you. It's his turn for good food today. Shut up and eat what you are given," Jihyo lectured. 

"AHH, EOMMA!!! UGH, WHAT AN UNLUCKY DAY!!" Jeongguk stomped his foot and grabbed his bicycle. He turned it around with a loud thump and got on it after throwing his mother a sour expression. "I'm off," he mumbled and took off at an insane speed. 

He had to buy his daily chocolate milk and still make it to the class in time, but he doubted he had enough time for that. 

He didn't want to get marked absent for the chemistry practicals, but he also didn't want to skip putting his crush's favourite milk secretly in his locker. It had become a tradition now, after all.

The thought of his crush brought a smile to his face. He himself was a sophomore and his crush was a senior. He chuckled, thinking of how he had fallen for his handsome sunbae in his freshman year, a week after school started. 

Jeongguk was never really a lucky man. If there was something that he needed luck for, he knew never to count on it. And his luck proved to be a nuisance as usual when his eyes landed on a guy about as handsome as a walking Greek statue. 

"Yugie, what the fuck is wrong with my eyes?!" he asked a little too loudly. He was too mesmerized by the dazzling boy passing in front of him with a couple of other boys, to think about his booming voice.