{30} pro actor

🥀

[the day of the murder]

It wasn't like the stars had given up on twinkling, the heart had stopped beating or the world had brought a halt to its spinning. However, for him, everything had transitioned into a much faster pace. In that very moment, he would've been thankful to have met with a dreadful fate of amnesia, rather than living with the reality that instantaneously thrusted itself upon his very being.

No sound other than his heavy and impatient breaths could be heard in the loud silence of his apartment as he hastily shut the door behind him and stumbled his way to the couch, still out of breath. Hands trembling, lips quivering and eyes already watering...goodness, he had never felt so helpless ever before in life.

His flat was quite dark, just like it would be on any other night. He didn't bother switching on the lights. In fact, he wasn't in the right mind to even think about their existence.

Adrenaline worked its way through, accomplishing the task of bringing him safe and sound to his place. Now what? He couldn't think or speak, let alone feel anything. Knowing that he probably had close to no time left, he struggled to whip out his phone from the convenient pocket of his jacket and with the same hands, experiencing the same tremors, he dialled the only number he could think of.

"Hello?" The voice from the other end spoke up, sounding pretty nonchalant and laidback, fitting the late night hour.

"I...I don't know how to even...explain. There's a p..problem-" And just then, there was a bang on the main door.

Flinching on his spot, he forgot to complete his sentence. His sweaty hands grabbed the fabric of his jeans in a firm and messy hold, breathing accelerating yet again.

"Hey, what's up? What's going on?"

The banging got louder and didn't seem to stop anytime soon. The boy felt challenged. He really had no way to get out of the situation at this point. His fate from this moment onwards, would completely depend on how fortunate he was.

"Are you there?" The man on the line sounded quite worried by now, not knowing what was actually going down on the other end.

The boy who had never imagined he would face a situation like this, got up stealthily from the couch and took a deep confident breath.

"If I don't call you back within the next hour, just know that something terrible has happened." Having said so, he ended the call.

What a way to get your luck tested. He went to his room and took a pair of reading glasses, slowly placing them on the table.

Jungkook knew and understood very well that this could end terribly. However, after watching the murder of Kim Il-han, a person he once loved, with his own wide eyes, he didn't know how to forget about it. He simply couldn't.

The glass lift of the building didn't help. The illuminated room of Il-han's flat on the eighth floor didn't help. The way he saw it with his immaculate eyesight never helped.

After having warned Seokjin of the possible dangerous situation he was in, he felt assured. The banging continued while he was walking up to the front door.

Very carefully and stealthily he opened the door, a little welcoming smile on his face. This is when his act began. With a fake smile masking the rapid nerves and anxiety within him, he fully opened the door to encounter the man he had just witnessed committing a murder.