{3} second inconvenience

🥀

It took him about a minute to observe the living room. It was definitely the kind of room described in books and movies. And honestly, after having met Jungkook in the museum and sensed his passion for artwork, this was the least he had expected.

Aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, the walls were decorated with paintings and photographs. Gorgeous interior with an overall misty and rosegold outlook, somehow it suited his personality. Nothing in particular seemed to be peculiar. The only object that caught his attention were a pair of glasses lying on the table before him.

Once the two were seated opposite each other and Taehyung had started to record everything, Jungkook seemed to have become slightly tensed from that moment onwards. It was so subtle that one could barely even notice it. Judging from his behaviour until now, it seemed as if he had no clue what this was about. However, Taehyung didn't want to believe that.

"Mr. Kim." Jungkook read, focussing hard on the ID card kept on the table between them before he lifted up his gaze and directed it towards the man,
"Could you please tell me what this is about?"

"We'll get there soon. Let's just start with the basics first. I'll ask you a few questions and you simply have to answer them. If something is too personal, you may choose to not answer."

Jungkook nodded hesitantly, licking his dry lips stealthily before quickly fixing his posture.

"Name?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Age?"

"26."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I work as an employee for the Lee Corporation. In the finance department."

"What are your working hours?"

"11 AM to 8 PM."

"Is this your own flat? Or are you a tenant?"

"My own."

"Well, I guess the job really pays off."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile at the observation, instantaneously nodding. Taehyung had always been a professional person but he had to admit that the boy had one of the prettiest smiles he had ever seen. It was beautiful.

"For how long have you been living here?"

"Three years."

"Are you the only who lives here?"

"Yes."

"Family?"

"My parents passed away five years ago."

Alright. Even though nothing could be confirmed just on the basis of what Jungkook had said, he had at least understood the basic behaviour and characteristics of the boy when he had to face with obvious questions.

Naturally, he wasn't really expressive while talking. His stance was quite relaxed, however, a particular habit of his caught his attention. Jungkook had almost a poker face throughout, quite similar to what Taehyung had himself. However, in personal questions which had a story behind them, usually sounding traumatic, his expression would switch to a more smiley one, as if masking it off. It wasn't an ordinary smile, different from a genuine one.