{6} best click

🥀

Taehyung couldn't sleep that night.

Was he really, for the first time, wrong in his speculations? It had never once happened that Taehyung had failed to find evidence regarding something he had found suspicious.

He turned over to the other side of the bed with an exhausted sigh. It was currently 3 AM and he couldn't stop thinking.

Jungkook's glasses were real. He seemed like a person with good character. He was fun to talk to. Everything he had said regarding himself and the case was perfect. But that's the reason he was so odd, in Taehyung's point of view.

How could everything that he said align perfectly with everything, all the while pushing him away from the suspicion zone.

Given his circumstances, he was in a glass lift exactly at the time of the murder, going up the tower right opposite to the one when the crime took place. His reason made sense but Taehyung wasn't convinced. But then again, if he really felt the need to lie, he could've simply said that he had already reached home by then.

Why did he still take the big risk of letting the elder know that he was outside at that time?

It's not that Taehyung was diverting his attention from the case to Jungkook alone. There were a lot of other people who could have potentially seen it or heard anything. However, there was nothing suspicious about them and Taehyung knew it. It wasn't a huge society and half of the flats were empty even.

Most of the residents were aged people who slept early. The others who did say that they had been up clarified that they didn't realise something like that had happened as they were busy watching shows on tv or netflix. Besides, everybody seemed to be skeptical about Jungkook. Another weird fact was that Kim Il-han was once Jungkook's friend.

Taehyung was quite unhappy knowing that he was having his doubts on the younger even after getting his glasses tested. However, it was how his personality was. He couldn't stop being paranoid.

🥀

Vanilla bubble tea and some documents with information regarding Kim Il-han, the deceased victim. What an amazing friday morning it was.

The man was 26, a struggling actor doing shows at the Avant-garde theatre. He wasn't a public figure yet and hadn't been on the screens. He was still trying by performing plays and doing some shows to gain popularity which had clearly been unsuccessful. He hadn't got his big break yet. The flat was his parents' old one and he lived there alone while his parents lived elsewhere in Seoul.

When his colleagues were questioned, they called him a man with a box full of problems. He used to remain upset about his less earning, occasionally fought with people while being drunk, had mild anger issues, etc. However, despite truthfully counting out all of those problems, they still said that they pitied him. His life was indeed a mess after all.

"If he didn't have obvious stab wounds, we would've thought he committed suicide." Taehyung remembered one of them saying.

When asked if he had any enemies in particular or if there was anyone jealous of him or despised him, they said that he had terrible relations with his ex-bestfriend.

"I wouldn't call him an enemy but he had this friend. He used to come to the theatre to support him. It's been about a year or so since we last saw him. They suddenly drifted apart. We have no idea what happened between them but it was pretty bad."