"Aati hai papa. Bahut aati hai. Par bahut kuch badal gaya hai. Kabhi nahi socha tha aisa kuch ho jaayega." Shalini said wiping her tears.

Aparna came with Prisha who was throwing a tantrum to play with her grandfather.

Shalini stood up and touched her feet. Aparna took her into a hug after kissing her forehead. "Kaisi hai meri bachi?"

"Mein achhi hun maa? Aap batao?" Shalini asked caressing Prisha's cheeks making her giggle. Prisha tried to come in Shalini's embrace which Shalini gladly accepted.

"No matter what, a child will find solace in her mother's embrace." Aparna said looking at Prisha who were giggling when her face was smoothered by wet, sloppy kisses from her mother.

"I am gussa. Mujhe toh Prisha bhul hi gayi hai." Aditya faked his anger diverting Prisha's attention towards her favourite person.

"Da...da...da...da...da..." Prisha babbled wiggling rapidly to move out of her mother's embrace.

When Aditya took hold of her, he was gifted with several kisses from Prisha as an apology for forgetting him.

"Can you believe Shalini that he is her favourite? I mean Sidharth and I do all her chores and what Aditya does is play with her anytime she wishes to. And this is the reason that he is her favourite." Aparna said getting jealous of her own husband.

"Maa, aap bhi na. You know she loves everyone. But since papa obeys her like she is his boss puts him in a good light." Shalini said side hugging Aparna.

"Shall I call Sidharth?" Aditya asked still not distracted from Prisha's antics.

"Nahi papa. He is angry with me. He hates me for what I did. I know it was my fault but I never meant anything bad for anyone." Shalini said now lying in Aparna's lap.

"Usse bura laga ki tu ne yeh baat hum sab se chhupaayi, par vo kabhi tujhe hate nahi kar sakta. And you know the reason. Haina." Aparna consoled a teary eyed Shalini.

Aditya heard their conversation and to bring them out of their unhappy mood, he said "Dekho dekho, meri gudiya ekdum rajkumari lag rahi hai." He wrapped a duppata around her head and started dancing making Prisha laugh hysterically.

"Koi kahega ki yeh Retired Major hai?" Aparna said to Shalini looking at her husband who has turned into a kid with his loving granddaughter. Once he was a Major in the army who was known for his reserved and disciplined behaviour. Shalini laughed at her comment.

They spent their time talking and reminiscing about old times. Finally it was time Sidharth would return.

"Chalo dinner time ho gaya hai." Aparna said looking at the clock and at the same time Sidharth entered who was unnoticed by everyone except her chirpy bird who screamed "Dadda".

Sidharth smiled seeing Prisha who always welcome him with her cheerful voice. "Yes mera bacha. Dadda is here. Aur aaj aapke liye apples lekar aaye hai." He showed his excitement by clapping and was soon joined by an ever excited Prisha.

"Sidharth, nowadays you are returning home quite late." Aparna asked as she has noticed the irregular schedule of coming and leaving home.

"Maa, aapko batayu thi na vo baat. Bass ussi wajah se." Sidharth said making Aditya and Aparna nod in understanding. Shalini stood clueless but smiled when she saw Sidharth looking at her.

Sidharth nodded in affirmation as he cannot be disrespectful. He was not raised in this way and he wouldn't do anything that would question his upbringing.

"Maa, I am coming. Just give me 15-20 minutes." Sidharth said kissing her forehead making Prisha scream in jealousy.

"Dadda" she whined for not getting his affection in the form of a kiss. Sidharth laughed at her and kissed her cheeks followed by his father's cheeks making his father frown. "Sidharth, I have changed for my rajkumari, not for anyone else."

"I know papa and I love you too." Saying this Sidharth left making Aditya smile at his son. No matter how disciplinarian he had been, he was never imposing on Sidharth.

Shalini saw this with a smile but tears rolled down her cheeks. She whispered to herself, "Kitna kuch alag hota na aaj, agar uss din vo sab na hua hota."

"Rona nahi bache sab theek hoga." Aditya wiped her tears and hugged her.

Prisha frowned as she was not the centre of attention due to her mother. So she took hold of Shalini's hair and pulled them making Shalini shriek in pain.

"Aah, Prisha chhod de bacha. I am sorry. I will never take your limelight." Shalini begged her naughty daughter.

Kids have few weapons with them which are very dangerous like their front teeth, sharp nails, their palms for grabbing and their feet for perfect sturdy kicks. They could bring down people who are bigger than their height with these weapons. Also, they are pro in using them.😅😂🤣

Sidharth came down after freshening up and saw Prisha's puffed cheeks due to anger. She was on the verge of crying. Sidharth held her in his warm embrace cooing her. When he felt that she was normal, he sat beside his mother for dinner.

While his mother served him, he made Prisha eat roti which was softened in milk sweetened with sugar. Prisha might be a naughty girl but she never  threw tantrums for food, no matter who was feeding her.

Shalini looked at them and smiled. She thought, "She is getting what she deserves."

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Read, enjoy and keep smiling.

Any comments on the chapter? (Only if you wish too)

Who is Shalini?

Will Sidharth find Shehnaaz soon? (Already 5 months have passed)

What do you think will happen next?

{Published on : Friday, 16 June 2023}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya