Cupboards

Myungsim stood on a step stool, determined to clean the cupboards despite her growing baby bump. As she reached for a stack of plates, Kim Sabu rushed into the kitchen, his protective instincts kicking in.

"Yeobo, please be careful! Let me do that. You shouldn't be stretching and reaching like that." Yongju chided and clucked his tongue, frustrated, yet again, at his wife's stubbornness.

Myungsim huffed, feeling a mix of annoyance and affection for her overprotective husband.

"Yaaa! I'm pregnant, not made of glass. I can handle cleaning the cupboards. You don't need to hover over me all the time."

Yongju rolled his eyes in response though his worried expression softened. He took a step closer to Myungsim and explained, "I just worry about you and the little guy. I know you're strong, but sometimes I can't help but be overly cautious."

Myungsim sighed, her irritation melting away as she saw the genuine concern in his eyes.

"And I promise, I appreciate your concern, but I can handle the cupboards. I'm just pregnant, not incapable." The nurse countered.

Yongju stared at her, his brows furrowed as he tried to find the right words. "I know you're capable, yeobo, but I can't help but worry. Please let me help."

Myungsim placed a hand on her hip, giving him a playful glare.

"You worry too much, Boo Yongju. I'm perfectly capable of doing things on my own. It's honestly starting to get on my nerves," she huffed and pouted.

She was truly annoyed but also didn't lie when she said she appreciated her husband's attention and care. Still, it could get a little overwhelming sometimes, especially when his 'caring attention' tended to call her out whenever she tried to do any cleaning at home.

Yongju softened his expression and reached out to hold her hand. "Mianhae, yeobo. I didn't mean to make you feel suffocated. I just–neomu saranghae–sometimes I forget to give you space. I'll try to dial it back."

Hearing his words and feeling his sincerity, Myungsim's annoyance melted away, replaced by a tender understanding. She squeezed his hand and leaned in to kiss him gently.

"I know you mean well, yeobo. And I love you for that. But sometimes, I need to feel independent too. Let's find a balance, okay?"

Kim Sabu sighed and nodded, a soft smile gracing his lips.

"Okay, I'll do my best."

fin.