Cake

Boo Yongju stood by the bedroom door, his eyes filled with concern as he watched his wife, Oh Myungsim, propped up by pillows in bed. She sighed, clearly disappointed.

"I can't believe I have to be on bed rest–and tonight of all nights! It's the party we've been looking forward to for weeks!" Myungsim whined, clearly upset about their sudden change of plans.

Kim Sabu walked over to her side and gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

"I know, yeobo. But Dr. Cho insisted, and we can't risk anything with our little one on the way. I'll miss you so much though." He comforted her, his voice laced with sincerity as he gently caressed the nurse's cheek.

Myungsim pouted and crossed her arms, trying her best to look adorable despite her frustration.

"You have to promise me you'll have fun for both of us, okay? But no flirting with other women! I have no idea who else Do Il invited–"

Kim Sabu playfully gasped, placing a hand over his heart. "Aigoo! Flirting? Me? Never! I'm a devoted man, madly in love with you. No other woman could ever compare."

Myungsim smirked, enjoying the attention. "You are such an actor–why did you become a doctor?," she chuckled, "But I suppose I can trust you. Just make sure to save me a piece of cake, okay?"

Kim Sabu nodded, his expression filled with determination. "Consider it done, yeobo. I will personally guard that slice of cake with my life. No one would lay a finger on it!"

Myungsim burst into laughter, her worries momentarily forgotten. "You're so dramatic but I love you for it," the nurse playfully rolled her eyes. "Now go and have a great time. I'll be here–I'll wait for you."

The doctor smiled, leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Saranghaeo. I'll be back before you know it, and we'll have our own private celebration here in bed."

Myungsim blushed, feeling a mix of anticipation and longing. "I can't wait for that. Now go on you party animal. Enjoy the night!"

Kim Sabu chuckled and straightened his jacket, ready to face the outside world without his beloved wife by his side.

"I'll try–and I'll bring you the most ridiculous stories when I return."

Myungsim smiled warmly, her eyes sparkling with love. "That sounds perfect–just don't forget the cake, okay?"

Kim Sabu chuckled and leaned in once more to plant a couple of soft kisses on the nurse's lips.

With one final gaze filled with affection, Kim Sabu reluctantly left the room, ready to attend the party while his heart stayed behind with the nurse who owned it.

fin.