Suprise?

It was a quiet Sunday morning. Boo Yongju was fixing his duffel bag and his fishing gear, getting ready for a day he planned to spend by the lake.

He removed the plastic cover of the fake fishing bait he was going to use and promptly threw it in the trash. As his gaze took a glimpse of the bin, he noticed a white crumpled piece of paper peeking out. He thought he already disposed of all the trash last night, so this must be new. And since there was only him and Myungsim at home, he was pretty certain who threw that paper in there.

Curiosity piqued, he leaned over and pulled it out, only to find it was a used pregnancy test. His eyes widened in surprise, his mind racing to process what he had just discovered.

Just then, Myungsim walked into the room, oblivious to the fact that her secret had been unintentionally uncovered. She froze in her tracks as she saw Yongju holding the pregnancy test, his expression a mix of confusion and concern.

"Oh... Um, I can explain. I didn't mean for you to find out like this..." the nurse started, her tone laced with worry.

Kim Sabu looked up at her, his eyes softened with understanding.

"You don't have to explain anything...but how do you feel about this?" He gently asked.

Myungsim stared at him for a couple of seconds, weighing her words. "Old? I feel very old," the nurse chuckled, trying to conceal her nerves.

Boo Yongju shook his head no. "You don't look old, yeobo, but if it means anything, I feel old too–" he gave her a solemn look, unable to express himself fully. And then a huge smile etched on his face. "Jinjja? This is happening?" he chuckled, his gaze fixed on Myungsim.

Myungsim's eyes widened, her voice filled with disbelief. "So you... you're not angry? You're okay with this? This isn't something we've discussed–"

Yongju was still chuckling, shaking his head. "Angry? Why would I be angry? Yes, we haven't discussed this–but I've been planning to talk to you about it."

Myungsim's lips quivered as tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm not sure why–because we've never talked about it...but when I found out this morning–I want this, yeobo," she muttered, finding it hard to speak, feeling a lump in her throat.

Boo Yongju, equally emotional, tried to conceal it as he took a couple of steps towards Myungsim. He pulled her into an embrace and then softly planted kisses on her cheeks and lips, trying to reassure her.

Myungsim continued in between kisses, "I was so scared to tell you. I thought you wouldn't be ready or that it would be too overwhelming. But you... you're happy about it?" Myungsim asked once more, needing the reassurance of her lover.

"I can't think of anything that would make me happier than starting a family with you." Yongju pressed a gentle, final kiss on her forehead, his voice filled with love and reassurance. "I can't wait to tell noona, too," he laughed, remembering Ye-rin's demands of having a niece or a nephew soon.

Myungsim let out a relieved laugh, her heart swelling with love for the man by her side.

"How did I get so lucky? I can't wait to hear this little one call you appa." She whispered, staring at the man whose arms were securely enveloping her.

Kim Sabu grinned, his eyes shining with anticipation.

"And you as eomma? We'll be the best team–no doubt about it!" He boasted, unable to hide his excitement.

It was unbelievable how giddy he felt at that moment, anticipating their new promising future. Boo Yongju vowed to himself to do his best, like he always did in anything he put his mind into. He knew embarking on this journey would not be easy, given their ages and long working hours, but he had no doubt that no matter the challenges that lay ahead, their shared joy and unwavering support for one another would guide them through the incredible journey of parenthood.

fin.