Chapter 13: I have a crush

Start from the beginning

"Having a crush isn't the problem Mads, it's the person itself." I explained.

"Like why did it have to be her all of a sudden?" I mumbled to myself, which Madi heard as well, due to our proximity.

"Fine, tell me everything but first let me get a beer." Madi replied, standing up to get 2 beer cans from the mini fridge.

I took a swig from the can and started. "Okay, so you know how I like Quirky Steven's music right?" Madi nodded, urging me to continue. "And earlier was my 1st time meeting them and getting to interview them and I've always found the lead singer, Erynn to be cute."

"She is exactly your type." Madiha butted in

"I-yes she is." I couldn't deny it, Madiha knows me too well.

Erynn Wiggins is exactly the definition of my type. I like someone that is considerate without trying too hard. Just small simple little things they do that shows how kind they are. Like how she waited until my cab disappeared from her view.

Someone who's fun to be around and makes me laugh. I remembered laughing so much with her that I didn't notice how late it was.

My type is someone that can be cute one second and hot the next with a sweet personality to top it off...I sighed. I'm just describing Erynn at this point aren't I?

"Sounds like it" I got startled by Madiha's voice replying to my thoughts, wait...

"Did I say all that out loud?" I whipped my head to look at Madi with wide eyes. Did I seriously just do that in front of her?

Madiha smirked at me, "you sure did babe." She raised her phone, shaking it in her hands. She's on facetime with Nima. "I heard it too Saffy! Loud and clear!" Nima shouted from the phone, teasing me as well. Fuck.

I slid down the bed, groaning in embarrassment and hid under the sheets. I can hear Madiha and Nima giggling at my predicament. Such nice friends I have.

"You're not helping, I told you this is a problem." I whine out, pulling down the sheets around my shoulders.

"How is this a problem? You have a crush on Erynn Wiggins, so what? No big deal Saffy!" Nima exclaimed, looking at me like this is nothing too worry about, except it is.

"It is a big deal Nima! She's work! I don't mix my work and personal life." I explained, looking at both girls, hoping they understand where I'm coming from.

Madiha looked at me, scrunching her brows in thought before saying calmly. "It sounds like you're thinking too far ahead Saff."

I looked at her confused before taking a swig of my beer. "It's not like you're together no?" I spluttered out the beer, not expecting what Madi said.

"Of course not! I just met her earlier!"

"Exactly! Having a crush on her will not get you fired."

"Wait what? She's worried she'll get fired over a crush?" Nima butted in, looking confused and amused at the same time, which just makes her look constipated.

"I know you want to keep your personal and work life separate..." Madi said, leaning forward a bit and looking at me seriously.

"And you know I don't date musicians." I said, glancing at the opened bathroom door.

"Not anymore, you mean." Nima butted in again, Madi and I looked at each other before saying, "Good night Nima." "What? Wa-" We hanged up on her, cutting her off. We love her, really we do, but sometimes she plays too much. Kinda like a little sister you know?

"As I was saying...you're worrying too far in advance. Yes you have a crush on her but you don't even know if that will turn into like or if you'll get together. I mean, your 'crush' might just be you idolizing Erynn or something y'know? Maybe you'll just end up as friends." Madi assured, taking a swig of her beer. "I mean, you won't get fired over being friends with pop stars right?" She winked, teasing me. I guess I am overreacting. I sat there, mulling it over in my head.

"You're right."

"I know." Madi laughed, pushing me off her bed. "Now get off, I need my beauty sleep."

I laughed, getting off and sliding in my own bed. Once settled in, I exhaled deeply.

"Hey Saffron."

"Yeah?"

"You know, you're allowed to date her right?"

"Huh?"

"You're company doesn't have rules about that kinda thing, plus you're your boss' favorite, she'll let you do anything." Madi said before bidding me goodnight.

"Huh." I whispered out into the air. In the end, I decided to take things slow and see where this newfound connection would take us. I knew that the path ahead wouldn't be easy, but I was willing to take the risk for the chance at something truly special.

I fell asleep not knowing that this was just the beginning of a journey that would change my life forever.

————xx————xxx—————xxxx————-
The next day, I slept in until noon, it's officially the start of my 3 week long vacation from work. I looked beside me and saw the neatly made bed. Madiha must have gone to the festival as soon as she woke up.

I stoop up and stretched my arms up. I quickly fixed the bed and went straight to the bathroom to freshen up. I saw a sticky note on the mirror from Madi, went to the venue, text me when you're here.

After doing my business, I went down to eat breakfast (lunch). I'll be going back to the music festival today and just let loose. I don't have to work, I can simply enjoy the music and shows today before going to my mom tomorrow. She lives right outside of Berlin and I haven't seen her in what feels like forever so I'll be staying at her place for the duration of my stay here. Madiha's also leaving tomorrow night, after the festival ends. Which is a bummer 'cause she won't get to see my mom, which is basically her second mom due to how close we are epecially back home in Phuket.

While eating, my thoughts started drifting to Erynn, wondering if I'll see her today. I scrolled through twitter and saw various video clips and photos of the band from yesterday, I was surprised to see that they were trending at #1 worldwide, granted it was only for 10 minutes before the bigger band, The Grizzlies took over the trending searches for the rest of the night. But still, that was no easy feat.  Remembering that I got Erynn's number, I debated whether I should text her or wait for her to text me, but since I like initiating the first move, I texted first.

Author's Note: not proof read, sorry if there's mistakes, good mornight!