I looked at my phone screen and saw I still had a couple of minutes before my first client, so I decided to go out and get coffee. To be precise, Luke's favorite coffee. He always drank this Starbucks coffee—caramel Macchiato. I honestly don't know what he saw in Starbucks, I've tried it and the thing just tasted like milk with sugar.

I got to Starbucks within five minutes and ordered two caramel Macchiatos. Yes, two. I failed to mention that while I didn't particularly like Starbucks, I'd sometimes drink it just so Luke could see we both shared something of interest.

I know, I'm a simp.

Before meeting Luke, I never knew I had it in me to be a bonafide simp. But now I'm a certified one, and I wear that badge with honor. There was no use denying it, I mean when the guy was feeling sad, I'd tell lame jokes to cheer him up. When he was laughing, I'd laugh along and hope his laughter doesn't die. And when he was upset, I'd try to turn his mood around, just like I was doing right now.

Ding.

The elevator door opened, and I made my way to Luke's office. I knocked on the door, prompting him to glance at me, then return his head back to his computer.

"Here, I brought you coffee," I said, placing the cold cup on his desk.

He looked at me in surprise, a flash of emotion crossed his eyes. But it was soon replaced with anger again.

Did I imagine that?

"Are you okay?" I asked carefully.

"How's the client I gave you yesterday?" He asked in a curt voice.

I was taken aback a little bit by his out-of-topic question.

"Zayn?" I asked, still surprised. Luke cocked an eyebrow at my question, the anger in his eyes increasing by the minute.

"On a first-name basis with him already. That's certainly interesting."

"He asked me to call him that," I countered.

"Of course he did. All you seem to do is attract a lot of attention from guys around you, huh? I always notice your subtle flirting with clients, but this one, you aren't even trying to hide." He spat out venomously.

I sat there, shocked at his words. I already felt like a mess today, but right now I felt like completely shit. I felt insulted. I felt small and I felt stupid.

Why had I even tried to cheer him up, he had his girlfriend for that. Why did I allow him to talk to me like that, and worst still why do I seem to be believing I'm at fault here? So many self-reproach just kept flowing through my head, and I got up to leave his office.

I plummeted down on my chair and rubbed my eyes. I glared at the coffee I had bought for myself and tossed it into the garbage. I wasn't a big fan of wasting food, but right now I couldn't stand to look at the coffee.

I really should have left Paris to console him. I raised my head up to look at Paris only to see she was staring at Luke, concern on her face. But when he stared back at her, she quickly averted her eyes in a nervous manner. It was almost as if she was scared of him. That's weird. He never treated Paris like that, in fact, I don't think I've ever seen them argue. I wonder if she's the cause of his anger.

After fidgeting for a while, Paris got up from her seat and walked to the door of Luke's office. However, when she was about to enter, Luke shot her a death stare that had her scrambling back to her seat.

I wasn't really a fan of Paris, so I didn't feel bad for her.

And, no. It isn't because she got the one man I wanted, it was simply because her personality sucked. She could be really childish and immature, sometimes I feel like she was still stuck in her high school phase. Another reason was that she was a player.