The Jordans

Sevyn's POV:

"Go change. We'll talk after the guests leave." My mom tells me in A low serious voice while avoiding eye contact with me.

I go back upstairs and sit at my desk.

What she just said hurt me deeply but it's nothing I could really do. That's just how she felt I guess.

I find one of my old dresses in my closet. It was A tight, baby blue, mid length dress with spaghetti straps. I put the dress on and find some fancy looking sandals with crystals and glitter on them.

I decided to try and do my hair too. I did a side part and slicked my hair back into A low ponytail. I tried to do my edges but it honestly turned out terrible so I ended up brushing those back too.

I put some mascara and lip gloss on and go downstairs.

My mom wasn't in the kitchen but the table was set up so I assumed she was getting ready.

I lean against the counter and start texting Rae.

———————————————
Rae wyd?

Rae Rae❤️: nun, Whatchu doin Sev?

I'm waiting 4 the guests to get to here.

Rae Rae❤️: ohhh that boy and his parents u told me bout?

Yea, them ppl but my momma found out we tg.

Rae Rae❤️: did she handle it well?

Not at all but she said she gon talk 2 me after the guests leave. They prolly finna be here so I'm finna go

Rae Rae❤️: Alr ma, I hope it go well 4 u and text me when u get the chance to. I love u

Thank u and I love you more💕
———————————————

I put my phone up and hear the doorbell. Oh my goodnessssss. they was here already and my mom not even done.

I go to open the door, let them in, and greet them. I show them the table so they can go and sit down. I go to my moms room to let her know they were already here.

I leave my moms room and go back to the table and sit down with the guests. I try my best to sit properly and be classy.

The mom was A black woman with A slicked back bun and the dad was white man with short, straight, light brown hair. Their son was A mixed boy with mid length, split dye of black and blonde, curly hair.

Something that stood out about their son was that he had big, pink lips and big doe eyes. They fit him really well.

"What is your name?" The mother asks me

"Oh my name is Sevyn." I tell her

"What are your names?" I ask her

"I'm Mrs. Jordan, this is Mr. Jordan and our son is Carter Jordan." She tells me

"Yea but I go by CJ" Carter lets me know

"Oh alright" I say not knowing what else to add on

My mom finally finishes and comes to the table.

"Sorry I'm late, how are you guys doing this evening?" She asks them

"We're doing well!" Mr and Mrs Jordan Tell her.

"That's great to hear! Let's start eating!" She says

We ate and the adults talked about A lot of stuff that didn't even matter. I got to know CJ as I was sitting there and we had A lot in common. He was funny and hyper.

"You two seem to be getting along good." Mrs Jordan says

"Yeah they are getting along really great." Mr Jordan added while getting more to eat.

"I'm so glad you've finally found A boy you have things in common with" my mom says

I give her A shady but not obvious glare

After years, the dinner was finally over. Me and CJ exchanged numbers and they left.

"I still haven't forgotten about you and your little friend Rae. All I have to say about that is you need to get right in the head and break up with her. Maybe get with Carter instead, you both got along so well." She said giving me a mean glare

She went to her room and I went to mine. I laid on my bed and cried myself to sleep.