.13.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

    "HE'S actually been very sweet and supportive oddly." Gwen told Florence.

    Florence stood by Gwen's locker as she talked about her date with the new reformed Flash. Florence stared at Gwen in awe at how a nice amazing girl could end up with Flash.

    "It's like he's a totally different person now, you know?" she beamed. Taking sight of her friends displeased face, she rolled her eyes. "You don't think he's changed."

    "I don't think anyone really changes," she defended. "Especially Flash. I think his intelligence has changed. But him?" She waved her hand in the air motioning side to side.

    Shutting her locker, Gwen let out a sigh. "Well he has changed and he's even taking me on a date this week."

    "Fun." Florence said walking by the girls side.

    "You should come." the girl suggested.

    "And be a third wheel? How fun!" she sarcastically answered with a fake smile.

    "Well i mean you and.. Peter could come." she said. Florence eyed her but soon spotted the very boy they were talking about.

    "I'll see you in class, okay?" she said before going the opposite way. She caught up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Hi.."

   He saw his friend smiling at him and pulled his hood off. "Hey." he said back. "How's it going?"

    "'How's it going?' Really?" she laughed. He only shrugged back in response. "What's up with you? Where've you been?" she asked now stopping him.

    He hardly laid his eyes on her and barely spoke. "I don't know." Her gaze hardened on him before he finally noticed. "What?"

    "Did i do something wrong?" she asked. She looked him over before he looked away again shaking his head.

    "No- Why'd you ask that?"

    She was the one shrugging now. "Just seems like you've been avoiding me..? For weeks now." she tried laughing off. "You can't even look at me."

    Staring at his shoes, he finally looked up at her for a brief second. "I'm not avoiding you, Flo."

    She wanted to believe and take him for his word. But she couldn't tell if he was being honest. "Well my dad's having his banquet tomorrow night. Did you want to be my plus one?"

    "That's tomorrow?" he asked for clarification. She nodded slowly. "Flo.."

    "Please don't say you can't come.." she said softly. His eyes finally met hers and she looked scared and saddened. "Peter, i need you to go with me. I can't keep going days without my best friend by my side."

    She's never said anything along those lines. It didn't hit him how badly she wanted him to be with her. But the look on her face spoke more words imaginable.

    "Do i need a suit?" he asked. Her eyes turned and her smile grew.

    "I'll tell you what you need tonight." she smiled before walking away.