.8.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

    A WEEK had gone by and Florence sat in her room. Her parents were still away as they're plans were changed.

    She was finishing her poster when her brother pushed her door open. "Can i go to a friends house?" he asked. She didn't look at him. "I cleaned my room, did my homework, and even showered."

    She still didn't look up. "It's Sunday night.. No." she said, finally looking at him after gluing down a piece of paper. "And why don't you wanna hangout with me?"

    "Because you're my sister.." he pointed out. He walked further in her room and headed to her desk. "Also.. we've been hanging out for a whole month. I have to make time for my real friends."

    He picked up her notebook once he took a seat in her chair and started to flip through the pages. That was until his sister snatched it from him. "You know what i say about touching my stuff, dude." she said tossing the book on her bed.

    "How'd you get behind me so fast?" he shouted. She rolled her eyes and lightly pushed him out of the chair and out the door. "Can i just go to Peters then?"

    "No." she said walking to the kitchen. "He hasn't been feeling well this week so we're gonna let him rest as much as he needs to." she reminded him. She looked in the refrigerator and back to her brother. "You wanna make me pie?"

    "Only if i can make Peter one." he objected.

    She scrunched up her nose then went to grab the ingredients. "Sure, yeah. I want a-"

    "I know." he said pushing her out of his space.

    That night, Luxas baked a few pies and a small cake. Florence finished her project and played 'Pretty Woman' since her brother had no say.

    She was enjoying the moment she was spending with him even when they were yelling. She also enjoyed the fact that she was planning on a way to keep him safe from their uncle.

...

    Florence ended up walking her brother to school way earlier than she would have.

    Her paranoia started to get to her as she didn't feel it was even safe to walk him to school. She got to school earlier than she expected herself and went to her literary arts teacher.

    "But yeah. Kids are doing great." her teacher said, finishing up his rant. Giving a smile to the girl he, suddenly slapped his head. "Shit- I forgot to ask you how the books coming along!"

    Her and her teacher, Mr. Sigmond, had formed a special little bond. She had him for three years and she saw him as a quirky older brother. He always made sure she drank her water, and would ask if she was feeling up for anything.

    He was also the first person to read in her notebook. "It's uh.. it's okay." she said going through his drawers. "I'm having like writers block all of a sudden but i'm sure i'll get out of it and write more."

    He nodded his head while trying to take a sip from his mug. "Mm! Yes.." he set the cup down and turned to face her. "I noticed your work was like.. becoming more vague. So if you need any inspiration, just tell me and i'll happily try to find ways to help." he smiled.

    "Oh thanks. I really appreciate that, man." she said. She looked at the bell and went to grab her things. "Well.. I am off. I am finally done with this project." she said pulling it out from in front of the desk to show her teacher. "It's good, right?"

    "It's great." he told her.

    The day went by quickly and soon enough she was in her history class. She didn't get to present her english project as Gwen got there late.