.5.

≪•◦ ❈  ◦•≫

    FLORENCE sat on her bed not sure what to do. Luxas was in the bathroom doing whatever it was to get ready for school.

    She held the folded up letter in her hands re-reading what Richard wrote her. There was something in the way he talked about his mistakes that didn't sit right with her. Of all things, why would he mention the moment everything started?

    "Flo, are you ready?" Luxas yelled through the door. He went to knock, but she beat him to it swinging it open. "Come on. I have to go turn in this project early." he said.

    She looked down the hall where he ran and saw his big colorful poster he was working on for two weeks. "I'm ready. Chill out." she said grabbing her jacket.

    As she and her brother walked to school, she kept messing with the letter in her pocket. Kept reliving the moments he apologized for in her mind. Even after she dropped off her brother to school, she mindlessly kept thinking about it all.

    Entering her school, she saw Peter already there putting up a picture in the case with all the other school photos he's taken. Before she could start walking to him, Flash threw a dodge ball at his head and laughed as it bounced off.

    "Sorry.." he said behind his laughs. He walked with his friends and picked up the ball.

    "Morning Flash." Peter said. He faked a smile and closed the glass case. Florence walked behind the group and stood by her friend eyeing them.

    "Good morning, Parker." Flash cheered. His eyes landed on the girl and he gave her a wink. "Flo.."

    She didn't say anything. Just smiled and held up her middle finger. "Florence.." Peter whispered. The group of boys left leaving the two alone.

    "How do you put up with him?" she asked leaning on the wall. Peter shrugged avoiding her eyes. "Peter.." He picked up his skateboard and started to turn the corner. "Peter.. what's wrong?"

    "Nothing." he mumbled.

    A girl took sight of the two. "Hey. It's uh.. Peter? Right?" she said in a question.

    Rebecca. She was the most involved student in school. Florence knew her a few years back but now she was invisible standing between the two.

    "I really like your photos.." she said. Rolling her eyes, Florence knew she wanted something. They always did.

    "Oh thanks- Thanks." Peter was flustered. Something was going on with him.

    "Listen- Um.. Are you busy Friday night?" she asked. Was this it? Was this the moment Peter would be going on a date? Maybe Florence was wrong about the girl.

    He looked to Florence dumbfounded then back to Rebecca. No words came out. He just shrugged his shoulders and gave a smile.

    "Cool. Can you take pictures of my boyfriends car?" There it is.. "I just.. You know i really wanna frame a good one for his birthday." she smiled.

    Peter gave a smile back. Florence tried to hide her laughter by looking at her shoes. "That's really nice of you. Wow that's a nice thought.. Umm.." He was defeated. "Yeah i'll have a look at the old uh.. the old schedule." He put his board down and held it in place with his foot.

    Florence walked off not wanting to be around when she laughed. "That was so embarrassing.." her friend mumbled skating past her.

    "I mean.. at least you spoke to her!" she laughed. He waved his arm behind him. But he quickly got off after a teacher caught him. "Give me that." she said taking his belongings and walking to his locker.