.3.

SHE couldn't feel anything. Or she thought she couldn't. But she could hear everything. The faint tapping of rain hitting glass. The beeping of a monitor.

    She could even hear a type of writing. A pencil going across paper over and over again. "Not the best.." a voice said. "At least compared to yours.."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

    Florence opened the door to her house and could immediately smell something being baked. "Luxas! I'm back from work. And i got your favorite.." she sang tossing her bag down.

    "Oh nice!" the boy yelled from the kitchen. She made her way to the noise and smiled seeing him with her old apron on. The moment she grew out of it she gave it to him.

    "What did you bake this time?" she questioned. She put the brown paper bag down on an empty spot on the counter and began to take off her coat.

    "Guess!" he demanded, grinning from ear to ear. Finally getting her jacket off, she started to walk around and sniff.

    The sweet smell captivated her. It was too good to tell. "I don't know. It's sweet though, isn't it?"

    Soon enough the timer went off and the boy quickly put on his oven mitts. "Good nose!" he recalled opening the oven. He carefully grabbed the tray and set in on the stove. "It's your favorite cake." he smiled.

    Her heart melted.

    Luxas was the type of younger brother anyone would be happy to have. He was always there for Florence. Ever since the accident he hasn't left her side.

    "Dude! That's so nice." she said taking his head and kissing the top. He stood there poking the cake carefully making sure it was done to her liking.

    "All i gotta do is the icing and i'm done." he told her.

    "Well," she started as she grabbed the brown paper bag. "Mom and dad are gone for the month again." she told him.

    "What? Already?"

    "Yeah. But.. i've got it covered. I'm gonna be making dinner and i got time off work next weekend cause Paul's got some family thing." she told her brother.

    The two sat in silence for a moment. Luxas didn't know why his parents would constantly leave and never tell him. Florence could tell it bothered him. Every time they left he'd get really sad and wouldn't talk a lot.

    She took the sandwich out of the bag and put it on a paper plate. "Wanna eat your dinner while we watch Star Wars?" she asked holding the plate to her brothers side.

    He took the plate with a half smile before recalling what she said. "I thought you hated Star Wars." he said. He backed away as his sister grabbed another plate and knife and started to cut the cake.

    Placing a large piece on her plate, she took a fork and sent him a smile. "I do. But.. i'm willing to watch it if you are. Unless you wanna watch 'Edward Scissorhands' again with me-"

    "No! Not again." he pleaded running to the living room and quickly finding one of his many Star Wars movies to watch.

    She smiled to herself as she took a bite of the cake. It tasted like heaven as she could barely stop eating.

    The night was full of her questions and Luxas pausing to explain what was going on and why. It never made sense to her but she loved to see that little smile on his face just a little more than when he'd get annoyed by her.