Chapter Eleven: Hospital

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Elizabeth's POV—

"Take it easy there Champ," Dean says leaning against the door of my hospital room. I continue trying to sit up but the burns on my chest make it hard to move, "Do you mind?" he asks pointing to the jello cup sitting on my side table. I tell him to have at it as I close my eyes looking up at the ceiling.

"How did you guys do it?" I ask turning my head to the side. His mouth is full of red gelatin as he tries to answer making me laugh. But it's cut short as I groan from the pain.

"The name tag was lodged inside the vent of the elevator. Turns out they only changed the things you could see. The building is being investigated as we speak," Sam says walking into the room. Sam looks between the two of us and excuses himself to go find more food. He pulls the chair up to the side of my bed, "How are you feeling?" he asks looking at the new bandages that are on my skin. I place my hand on his that's resting on the bed.

"I'm alive thanks to you," I point out as he shakes his head.

"I should have let you walk out first," he says trying to blame himself for me being in this hospital bed. I squeeze his hand making him look at me.

"Don't do that," I tell him rubbing my thumb over his knuckles, "I was the one that insisted on going. Can I just ask you one thing?" I ask him as he nods his head, "Can you at least stay in town until I get out of here. Katie left for winter break last night and Mason would freak if he saw me like this," I tell him.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else," He tells me as a doctor walks in. Sam gives us space as the doctor checks over my vitals and all that other doctor mumbo jumbo. I stopped listening after he said I'd be out by tomorrow morning. That's so far away but they need to keep me overnight for observation. The rest of the day goes by in a blur with me mostly sleeping or being prodded by nurses. My burns are all superficial thankfully. Smoke inhalation is what they are worried about most. I look at the time and see I have officially missed all of my exams before break. Sam knocks on the door around 6 pm and he says I have some visitors. I look at him confused until I see my siblings behind him. They rush into the room and ask the millions of questions I expected. It's hard to focus on them when Sam's standing by the door with Dean. Dean smirks at me before walking out with Sam following close behind him.

"Was that?" my sister starts asking as I nod my head.

"When did he get back in town?" Tom asks as he sits down on the end of my bed.

"The better question is when did he get so hot," she says making me roll my eyes with a small laugh.

"He was the detective on my case. I owe him my life," I tell them wishing he was in this room with me. I love my siblings but it's not like the bond between him and Dean. But it was nice of him to call them.

"Does Dad know you're here?" Shelby asks and I shake my head.

"No need to worry him over something small like this," I tell them.

"Small? You're in the hospital after a man tried to light you on fire," He says as I try to tell him it was nothing.

"Where did you hear that?" I ask as he tells me about the cops in the lobby talking about my case. It's nice to know the real police department finally checked into my story. It's not like I said I was attacked the first time or anything. But it's not like they would have been much help.

"You should get some rest," my brother says as I close my eyes listening to them talk, "We will be here when you wake up," he says giving my leg a squeeze before standing up.

"Can you guys do me a favor?" I ask.

"Anything"

"When I get out of here can we get dinner and actually talk?" I ask as they look at me shocked. I'm always the one who pulls away when they try to get close...but their attempts are always out of guilt around moms anniversary.

"Of course," Shelby says before walking out of the hospital room.