Chapter Ten: The Big Fight

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Elizabeth's POV—
"This is a horrible plan," Sam says walking with me to the Impala, "Should we really be trusting Dean with coming up with the plan?" He asks as I roll my eyes.

"Have some faith in your brother Sammy," I tell him as I climb into the passenger seat. As soon as he starts the car up music comes blasting out of the speakers. He quickly turns it down before glaring at the motel, where Dean is getting his stuff ready, "Do you think you can handle this?" I ask as he stays quiet. Dean comes walking out of the room a couple seconds later with a big smirk on his lips. He climbs into the backseat and puts his head in between us.

"Is everyone set on the plan?" he asks. I look straight ahead at the parking lot feeling a little nervous about what's about to come.

"Let's get this over with," I whisper. Sam slams his foot on the gas as I pick at my fingernails. Dean's comments about how easy this is going to be aren't making this any easier. Maybe Sam was right...I'm not ready for this. The drive doesn't take long enough as we are already pulling into a spot outside. The sun set right a couple minutes ago leaving the parking lot in almost complete darkness. Dean gets out of the car going to the trunk to grab two guns filled with rock salt.

"You don't have to do this," he tells me making me look up from my lap. I give him a wide smirk as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"What and let you guys have all the fun?" I tease before I get out. He gives me a concerned look before getting out himself. Dean hands me a small fun to put in my waistband as well as a knife. I look at him confused and he just tells me to trust him. I guess it's better to be overprepared than under. I shake out the nerves as Dean goes over the plan one more time.

Sam and I give each other one last look before we go into the apartment building. Dean is riding the elevator to distract Charlie while Sam and I look in the basement for his original name tag that was left behind after the original investigation. We go in through the back of the building and he follows behind as I stop in front of a staircase. He takes the lead going down first, the lights flickering above us with every step we take. When we get to the bottom of the staircase we split up with flashlights to find what we are looking for faster. I turn a corner seeing a small rat running across the hall making me jump. Sam runs over and sees the small critter rubbing his face and nudging my shoulder.

"Can fight a ghost but this freaks you out?" he teases. I shove him away from me before continuing the search. He laughs to himself as he starts walking away. I pick up a dusty flower vase that looks like it hasn't been touched in years. As I put it back down there's a ding from behind us. Sam's eyes meet mine from across the room. He slowly walks over ducking his head from the rusty pipes that are hanging down above us.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper as he puts his finger to his lips. He puts his hand in front of my body as it sounds like doors are opening. He tells me to stay back as he continues walking forward. Steam flies out of the pipe next to my head making me scream as the heat touches my skin. I back away getting further away before realizing Sam and I are completely separated.

"LIZZY," Sam yells as he runs back towards me. His voice bounces off the walls making me turn around as Charlie towers over me from behind. His eyes are locked on mine as he tilts his head to the side. I pull the gun out of my waistband firing it in his direction. The kickback made my shoulder fly back from the unfamiliar power. Dean starts banging on the doors from the top of the stairs but he can't make it in. When I turn back to where Charlie was standing he's gone. The ground where he was standing has black soot covering it. Sam runs over when the steam stops, his arms attaching to my shoulders as he looks me over. He says my name again as something slams into my back sending me into his chest. The breath is knocked out of me as the heat climbs up my back. I tell Sam to go as I rip my jacket off. He pulls his gun out shooting at Charlie as I run trying to find the stupid fucking name tag. Who gets attached to their name tag?

"Every time he comes back he's blocking the same area," Sam tells me. I nod my head and wait for him to show up again before running over. Sam covers me as I slide along the wet floor to a section that would put us directly under the lobby. I call Sam's name and he runs over standing behind me as I rummage through dirty shelves.

"Help me with this," I tell him. He helps me knock a shelf over uncovering a hidden room in the wall. I crawl inside as Sam tries to tell me to slow down. I push the cobwebs out of the way as I hold my flashlight between my teeth. When I get into the room it's connected to, I stand on my feet looking around, "Holy shit," I whisper looking around. It's like a blast from the past. Everything looks at least fifty years outdated. Sam yells at me to hurry up when he sees Charlie hasn't been back in a while.

I continue looking around but there's nothing in here. No name tag....nothing that would link back to Charlie, "Sam, it's not in here," I tell him as he climbs inside looking around with his flashlight.

"It's here. Keep looking," He says throwing things everyone trying to find the small piece of metal, "What else could he be attached to?" He asks looking at me.

"What if it's the elevator itself? Look around everything here looks like it was part of the original building," I point out to him. He pulls out his lighter and I look at him like he's crazy, "We can't just burn this place to the ground. There's like a hundred people living in here," I tell him as he starts climbing out. I follow after him and we race upstairs but right when I go to walk out the door slams shut. Sam bangs on the door and I can hear him screaming for Dean.

"SAM," I scream trying to get the door open. The brothers continue slamming on the door. I look behind me seeing fire surrounding the stairs. Charlie's body stands in the middle with a smile, finally satisfied that I'm trapped. I turn back to the door, grabbing the handle but the heat makes the metal burn my hand, "FINISH THE CASE," I scream. I pull the knife out of my pocket and try to wiggle the lock but his hold on this building is too strong. Sweat builds on my forehead as the basement starts filling with smoke. My lungs feel heavy as the small space becomes smaller and smaller. My eyes begin to burn as the smoke stings my eyes. Dean calls my name as I continue slamming on the door. I tell him to hurry up and then everything goes silent. I hiss as the wild flames get closer up the stairs. Tears fill my eyes as fire touches my skin, my body is already pressed against the door. My throat is tightening from the blood-curdling scream coming out of my mouth. My legs give out as the door behind me swings open, Sam's arms wrap around me as the fire slowly dies down.

"Lizzie, please," he whispers holding onto my arms. I cough from the smoke in my lungs when Dean comes franticly running around the corner. He says helps on the way as Sam picks me up off the floor, "You're gonna be okay," he assures me as he moves the hair out of my face. Dean opens the door for him as sirens come racing down the street.

"You did it," I whisper swallowing after every word trying to ignore the pain.

"Take it easy. Try not to talk," he tells me as he places my body on a stretcher. Paramedics take over the situation as I'm being pushed into the back of the ambulance. I reach my hand out for Sam but the paramedic gets in the way as they assess my burns.