Chapter 17 - Before Sunset

Damon was holding Bonnie by the arm. She had a bite mark on her neck which was still dripping blood. “We have a problem.”

Marley had her eyes widen. “Oh, by the angel.”

------------

Bonnie, Damon, and Stefan were in the kitchen together. Stefan brought Bonnie a towel for her neck wound. “What do you mean he turned? I thought you were standing guard!”

“Don't blame me. Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him.” Damon argued.

“Boys!” Marley called them.

Bonnie looked at them. “I had no idea what was happening. Okay, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he turned.”

“So, where's the stake now?” Stefan asked.

“Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know.” Damon glared at Bonnie as he spoke the last few words.

Bonnie glared back. “If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?”

“Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him.” Damon replied.

Stefan looked at the witches in the room. “Alright, so how do we kill him now?”

“There’s always an loophole. We just have to find it.” Marley replied.

“I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there is always a way to undo a spell.” Bonnie added.

“So, what's the witchy work around?” Damon asked.

Bonnie sighed. “That's the problem. I don't know.”

Marley shrugged. “We will figure it out.”

---------------

The doorbell rang at the Gilbert house. Jeremy answered the door. Klaus was outside. “What the hell do you want?”

“Now is that any way to treat a guest?” Klaus asked.

Then, Stefan came up behind Jeremy. “What are you doing here, Klaus?”

“Well, for starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside.” Klaus replied.

Then, Damon and Marley walked over to the door. Stefan moved in front of Jeremy. “Why don't you go up to your room?”

Damon looked at Jeremy. “Now.” Jeremy sighed and walked up the stairs.

Klaus hummed. “Hm, poor lad. Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you.”

“Good one.” Marley comment. “But no.”

Damon sighed. “Yeah, about that. Something happened.” He added.

“Oh, I know all about my mother's invulnerable little creation and that's why I'm here. I'm leaving town, just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire, flashlight, doppelgänger.” Klaus told them.

“No.” Marley comment.

“Can't help you there.” Damon clapped Stefan on the shoulder, pulled him back, and Marley shut the door on Klaus. Damon and Marley moved into the living room and Stefan went towards the stairs. “Elena!”

Moments later, he went down the stairs where he meet up with Damon and Marley “Where is she?”

“She's not here.” Stefan replied.