Chapter 8 - Ordinary People

Elena, Marley and Alaric were walking through the tunnel in the cellar. “So, the Lockwood’s really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?” Elena asked.

“Just wow.” Marley looked around her.

Alaric looked at them. “Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light.”

“Wait, what?” Elena exclaimed.

Damon secretly came up and whispered behind them. “Elena! Marley!” They turned around and saw him. “Boo!”

Marely face palmed. “I’m not impressed.”

But Elena did as she jumped from fright. “Ah! God, Damon!”

“Scaredy-cat!” Damon called, smirking.

Alaric sighed. “Just ignore him. That's what I do.”

“How can I ignore this beauty?” Marley glanced at Damon, who was smirking. She gave him a peck. Then, she grabbed his hand as they walked.

“Don’t you forget it.” Damon comment.

“Never.” Marley flirted.

Damon smirked. “Never is a long, long time, babe.”

“Oh, I know.” Marley comment, glancing at him.

Elena sighed at them and spoke up to Damon. “So, you really can't get in?”

“No. Seems even the ancient Lockwood’s were anti-vampire.” Damon replied.

“Ancient.” Marley raised an eyebrow. “Look at my grandfather, he is ancient.”

Elena looked at Damon, confused. “What do you mean, ancient?”

Damon gestured forward. “See for yourself.”

Then, Marely walked into a spider web. “Blraghh, spiders.”

“You don’t scare from me or the other things you have seen, but spiders do?” Damon asked, amused.

“Yes, they just... blraghh.” Marley shuddered. Damon laughed. “Oi, don’t laugh.”

“I’m not.” Damon comment, still a smile on his face.

“Urgh.” Marely let go of his hand and walked further.

“Don’t make her angry.” Alaric called.

Then, they walked further into the tunnels, to the cave with drawings on the walls. Damon stopped walking. “Well, this is as far as I get to go.”

“Shame.” Marley muttered.

Damon looked at her. “You aren’t angry, right?”

“Alaric joked, I’m not angry. Just annoyed.” Marely replied. Then, she kissed him, making him smile.

Then, Elena entered the chamber and shines her flashlight on the walls with the drawings. “What is all this?” She asked. Then, Marley walked in as well.

Alaric followed her. “Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story.” He pointed at the wall. “That right there, is the moon cycle.” Then, he pointed at another drawing. “A man, a wolf.”

Elena was staring at the drawings. “A werewolf.”

“Yeah, it's the ‘Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style’.” Damon called.

“Good one.” Marley called back.

Elena looked at them. “I don't understand. I thought the Lockwood’s came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s.”