Chapter 6 - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Elena, Caroline, Marley and Bonnie were in front of the school. Caroline spoke up. “Here we are. Senior year.”

“Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?” Bonnie asked them.

“Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on.” Caroline replied.

“Yeah.” Marley nodded. “They found out that my daughter has child with his brother. Was priceless.”

Bonnie looked at them. “You’re right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?”

“I knew something was off.” Marley exclaimed.

“Yes!” Caroline called. “And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day.”

“Today’s our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year.” Elena told them.

“Yeah. You win.” Caroline comment.

Bonnie looked at Elena. “Are you sure you want to be here?”

“Yeah, don’t you want to go home?” Marely added.

“I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life.” Elena replied to them.

Caroline, Marley and Bonnie looked at each other and followed Elena.

----‐-------

Flashback

A younger Marley walked into the institute. She looked around as she walked in for the first time and sge had just met Jace, Izzy and Alec. Alec being Alec, he went to his parents, to tell that there was another shadowhunter and they were shocked. They went towards her and Robert spoke to her. “Hello, you are the new shadowhunter our son told us. Can you tell us your name?”

“I’m Marley Miller, sir.” Marley replied.

Then, Maryse spoke up. “We will need to test you, if you are really a shadowhunter.”

“Do what you need to do.” Marley told them.

“We will.” Maryse told her.

Then, Jace, Izzy and Alec came to them. “So, what to do?” Jace asked a little rudely.

Robert looked at them. “You are going to draw a rune on miss Miller and if she is really a shadowhunter or not.”

“I will do that.” Jace nodded.

Marley looked at Jace. She looked a bit afraid that she wasn’t a shadowhunter.

End flashback

----------------

Later, in the hallways, Marley was called by Izzy. She answered. “Izzy, why are you calling? I thought you all never wanted to do with me again, after I walked out.”

Izzy sighed over the phone. “I was angry okay? Besides it had just happened.”

“Uhu, so why are you calling?” Marley asked as she walked up to Elena.

“River told you then?” Izzy asked back.

“Yeah.” Marley replied.

“So, when will you come?” Izzy asked her.

“Soon.” Marley replied. “I’m now on my first day to school.”

“First day of school?” Izzy asked.