"That was disgustingly cheesy, and I am sorry to break it to you, but I do not feel the same way."

His heart skipped a beat. I loved the enhanced hearing, "Are you going to reject me?"

That word. Reject. That brought out a new emotion. Fear? For some reason, any thought about rejecting him sent me down a spiral of undying fear. Worse fear then when Hades threatened me. I could feel the fire start to spread in my stomach. I hated him. I should want to reject him. But I couldn't.

I regained my composure, hoping he didn't notice, "No, rejecting you is too easy. Plus, I will need my head screwed on right if I am going to face off with Hades in two weeks. Dealing with rejection would not help that any."

I would not have noticed it before, but a sense of relief flooded his face. His lips slightly turned up, the lines around his eyes relaxed, and his shoulder stooped down. It just made me more tense. I broke eye contact with him and looked around the forest. What was my next move? How could I prepare for Hades? Is it pointless? I knew nothing.

I could sense someone else was coming. Not just someone but three someones. Roan was obvious by his smell. Alpha's scent is more pungent. I wanted to shrivel my nose. The other two smelled similar. Too similar. Family? The sage in the air made it obvious one was high of Demon blood. I guess we did find the little witch we were looking for. But who was the other with her?

Before I could even finish asking myself that question, Taylor emerged from the oak. Behind her came out Katelyn. Sisters for sure. Beside the darker hair Katelyn sported, they had nearly identical cheekbones. Taylors face was slightly more ovaled compared to the witches circular one, but their noses were basically the same.

"Sisters?" I asked as Roan came within view.

"Yes sir," Katelyn said as Taylor commented, "It doesn't matter."

"On the contrary, I believe it does matter. Call me confused, but I swore you were human? The stench makes it very obvious you are not. Witches? The amount of questions racing through my brain right now," I smiled. I, in all honesty, did not care. With the surprise dad reveal, Taylor lying about who she was was the icing on the cake.

"I like the hair," Roan said, "Just got it done?"

"I guess changing into a wolf does that to you," I shrugged.

Katelyn chimed in, "Also breaking that binding spell probably helped too."

I looked down at my wrist. A wrist that was painfully blistered hours before, now was flawless. Silky smooth skin shone in the sunlight. No blemish to be seen. Barely any pores to be seen either. Was that from my wolf side, lycan side, or devil side?

"Binding spell? That's what the little bracelet was?"

"It kept your demon side from presenting itself," Jacin claimed. I guess the four of them must have been chit chatting while I was on Wolf hiatus.

"Well, I guess it does not work anymore," I glanced at Kate, who was strangely smiling, "I should probably say thank you, I have never felt this good in my life."

"No need to thank me," Kate said cheerfully, "I like being around you, I feel like I can use my head again."

"Your welcome?" I said in response, not knowing what else I could say to that. I turned my eyes toward Taylor, "Do you want to explain what's going on, or should I ask your brainless mate?" I asked. It was obvious they were mates. It would not have been clearer if someone wrote it out. If you asked me how I knew, I wouldn't be able to explain it. Maybe it was how they naturally leaned toward each other, or maybe it was how their auras fit together like puzzle pieces. I had no idea. Was that how it was for Jacin and I now? Was that how it was before I turned?