"So you all think you can crack your apology, and all is sorted. I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way," Dylan said and broke away from Lee's grip to fall back on the sofa.

Sana's eyes bounced from one person to the other. What was she to do? It wasn't one of those situations where she could go; anybody want a drink?

Perhaps it simply wasn't her call. Still, Sana decided to stay, she didn't know if Dylan or Lee needed her, but she wished for the two to see she was there and she wouldn't run, no matter the outcome.

As though he heard, Lee stared at her. Sana finally understood then, the words pronounced as a couple exchanged wedding vows. She thought she had seen it all and that she knew enough about relationships, but what she experienced with Lee was more than relationship know-how. It was a life lesson.

Lee showed many facets of his personality, the good, the bad, and now the vulnerability. Had he always been like this, or was he changing too?

Lee was bare-faced in the living room. There was no lie in his words or attitude, and Sana wished to hug and tell him she loved all of him. Instead, she sketched a lips and eyes smile to show support.

"All we want is to help you, Dylan," Lee pursued, "If you can't see how you're hurting yourself, think about your friends. Candy has been worried sick about you for weeks."

Her name alone brought tears to the boy's eyes. Images of the past month and of how he ignored her came to mind.

How dare he do what he did to the person he adored? The thought of the girl hating him made Dylan sick.

"I got my first hangover at age twenty-three. I got on the counter and started dancing as if I worked at Coyote Ugly and ended up puking on the five guys seated at the bar."

All turned to look at Sana, including Konbini, who covered its eyes at the unwarranted confession.

Lee closed his eyes and shook his head. There was really no way to have an earnest conversation with the protagonists in the room.

"Bravo, Sana, that really helped," Camille said while she clapped, "we should light and campfire and tell all our mindless behavior exploits around it."

"My dad caught me smoking and grounded me. I missed the Take That Pops Tour concert at Wembley Arena," Janet said as she slumped down on a chair earning herself a dark eye from her wife, whose facial pores still oozed with the sweat of pride that prevented her from partaking in the discussion.

The confessions weren't what Lee expected when he spoke about them talking things out, but they allowed them to deflate the bubble of anger that roamed without making it burst. The examples given showed no one wasn't perfect, and everyone tried at least once, but the difference with Dylan was the reasons. Sana's, Janet's, and even Lee's experiences were never linked to the idea of numbing or suppressing pain with drugs or alcohol. Either way, It didn't change the fact that the practices were dangerous, and it was what Lee tried to drum into Dylan's head even if he was well aware Dylan held the information.

"Shit," Lee yelled when he realized they had missed the appointment he had booked for Dylan. Perhaps it was better, thought the man after hearing Dylan's version of his story. Substances such as weed stayed in the system for up to three days. Lee booked another check-up for the following week. Camille and Janet stayed the afternoon and left after tea time.

Dylan went straight to his home. His parents played their part and grounded him for two months. They also suspended his PlayStation subscriptions and reduced his bank withdrawals to an amount that barely allowed him to buy a Happy Meal.

At least they didn't confiscate his phone. Dylan scrolled through all the names on the device and stopped on Candy's. He wondered whether he should send her a text message or not when Candy's mother's words reverberated back in his ears. He had no right to contact her. The boy placed his phone face down next to him and slept.

"How's the shit load?" Sana asked when she and Lee were finally alone.

"I don't know. I don't know how I feel. I'm not sure Dylan heard me."

Sana taped on her knees.

"What do you want me to sit on your lap?" Lee asked.

"No, silly, lay your head."

Lee looked at her knees and returned his stare to her face.

Sana giggled, "what are you scared of?"

Defied by her words, Lee laid his head, and Sana began to caress his hair; "Dylan heard you, Lee. He heard you loud and clear."

The discussion began a long process of awareness and healing that wasn't going to be a tranquil cruise on Montego Bay.

"How are you feeling, Dylan?" doctor Summers asked a week later during Dylan's appointment.

"I'm good," Dylan replied.

"Is there something you want us to know before I share your analysis result?"

"Eh, em, noㅡ."

Lee could tell from the boy's expression Dylan wished to share something. Lee kept his mouth shut, not wanting to intimidate him. He hoped Dylan would speak or ask questions about whatever bothered him. It seemed Doctor Summers had the same plan; Lee thought as the seconds passed.

"It pricks when I pee," Dylan blurted

The doctor pushed his glasses up, "are there other symptoms?" he asked.

Dylan cleared his throat and adjusted his position, "ㅡeh, there's blood sometimes."

Lee tried to keep a neutral expression. He stared straight at the doctor and asked, "did you find something?

"Your son is positive for an STI. Chamaldya, to be exact."

Lee gripped his armrest and swallowed his swear words with his saliva.

"But I haven't slept with someone, I swear, Dad, I haven't."

The doctor smiled, "Sex isn't the only factor that can cause such STI. Oral or anal sex can also spread the infection. Perhaps you practiced something along those terms with someone who is infected."

Now Lee turned to look at Dylan, who sunk in his seat.

"It can be treated, right," Lee asked.

"Yes, of course." Doctor Summers turned his gaze to Dylan, "you'll have a seven-day treatment of Azithromycin antibiotics. You'll have to come back in three months for us to check you're clear. Please a condom until you finish the treatment."

No, Montego Bay could wait.