Merge of Two Worlds

Start from the beginning

He was done talking about his day to Jungkook and he still had some time before he goes back on his duty, so he is leaning his back on the hospital chair and reading a detective fiction he recently started. He heard some shuffling so he looked up, noticing the brown almond orbs of the person laying on the bed who was asleep for the whole two years. He got up and walked near the bed. He saw as the person laying on the bed slowly came around and examined his surroundings, looking for someone and as soon as their eyes met, he saw those almond orbs getting bigger as if some kind of realisation and relief washed over them in the form of tears. The said person hugged the life out of Seokjin. He helplessly hugged the person back, pressed the call button to call the doctor, so they could check on the person who nearly choked on his own sobs while he hugged him like his life depends on it. Thankfully, it was his father that showed up, he checked Jungkook and made him lay on the bed, Jungkook protested but at least, settled with holding hands with the man beside him. With another sedation but less than before he was left alone to rest. His eyes looked around the room tiredly and anxiously following the nurses moving around, tidying his room. He just wanted his Seokjin next to him but that evil doctor took him away, he might be a part of their enemies, oh no... he needed to do something to help his Seokjin escape, they were after his Seokjin not him so he can distract their enemies for him. He looked for an opportunity and soon enough he found one.

Seokjin's father took him outside Jungkook's room, to the cafeteria of the hospital. They stood near big glass walls overlooking the green garden of the hospital. "Do you know him?" Father asked. "Yes, you told me about him." Seokjin replied. "Not now you idiot, I mean before he came here, do you know each other?" His father clarified. "Oh. Um-no? You know all of my friends. I have never met him before." Seokjin tried to remember if he had seen him or heard about him somewhere in his profession but no, the only thing he knows is that Jungkook was in coma when he was first introduced to him and nothing more. He never cared to look deep into who Jungkook was before.

"Now, you do." His father said, making him look back with a confused face. "Look, the poor child woke up after two years and he seem to recognise only you as his family. So be his family. He had this illness of Laryngitis (swelling of the voice box, which can cause a hoarse voice or loss of voice) before he came here. He has lost his voice forever, loosing his family will be so hard for him. He had been in coma for two years and no one came looking for him. Means he has no one in this world. I have seen the colour of happiness coming back to his skin as soon as he saw you. May be you resemble someone from his past. He lost his past but you have to be his present for his future to be secured. This might be the only way. Please son, this is the only thing I will ever ask of you." The old man literally pleaded to his son to save the poor kid. Over the years it happens that the staff grows a relationship with their patients while they take care of them. Mr. Kim also seems to get attached to this Jungkook, that is why he asked his son to take care of him.

This was a lot to take in for Seokjin, he knew from the start how close Jungkook is to his father from how he addressed the bunny looking sleepyhead as his own son, making him feel jealous of Jungkook for taking his place. But he didn't expect this coming from his father, being a police officer, he didn't want any relationship being distraction while he is on duty. That is why he refused all the attempts his family and friends made to make him have a relationship. But this time he didn't have the heart, strong enough to refuse this request of his father because he himself was falling for the person in question. He wanted to know more about him.

Speaking of the devil, the person in question came running where the father-son duo was standing. Jungkook came between them and protectively hugged Seokjin, throwing daggers from his tear filled red eyes and pouty but determined face. Seokjin tried to free himself but felt the grip of the younger getting tighter so he just lets go and let his father handle the situation.

Mr. Kim got soft looking at how protective Jungkook was for Seokjin. He calmly spoke, coaxing the younger that they meant no harm, "Look, son, I know Seokjin is yours." To this Jungkook looks up at Seokjin and back at the evil doctor in his eyes as he tightened his grip on Seokjin. The 'evil doctor' continued, "He saved you from bad people and now you are being treated nicely by the loving staff of this hospital. If you want to get well soon and go back to your normal life with your Seokjin, you'll have to behave well and help us treat you better, will you be able to do that?" Mr. Kim continued as he spoke and examined the change of expression on Jungkook's face which lit up like a bright sun at the mention of living with 'His Seokjin'. The old man could do nothing but melt at the bunny smile that he got from the younger while he nodded his head excitedly, Unlike someone like his son who was throwing him confused, betrayed look as if saying how can you lie about something like that so easily. But he had no choice, if he wanted to treat the younger boy nicely, he had to get on good terms with him.

After two weeks Jungkook was fully recovered. He got used to his new normal. Or he acted he got used to. He kept a diary, he wrote everything he experienced since his 23rd birthday till date, how he met Werewolf family and 'His Seokjin'. How they were attacked and he died, and woke up on a hospital bed. He was advised to do so from his psychiatrist. He was advised to let go of the past and live in the present while looking forward to the future. He did. He tried but he couldn't because every time he looks at Seokjin, he gets reminded of the life he had in the fictional world. He felt the difference between the Seokjin he was with now and His Seokjin from the fictional world. He couldn't help but shed tears for his loss, not knowing how it was hurting the Seokjin he was with now. The whole time Seokjin spent with Jungkook, he felt that Jungkook was looking for someone else in him. Maybe that person whom his appearance resembles. He felt jealous and sad, but he was determined. He was determined to make Jungkook fall in love with him. And he did. After living together for two years, there was no need for verbal communication between them. They just get each other like no one else can. They got to understand each other and know each other better. Jungkook seems to do better than before. For Jungkook it was pleasant surprise to find out that His Seokjin in this real world has same friends, meaning his hyungs in Fictional world. Now he started to question whether he was just imagining the fictional world while he was in coma or did he actually got transported into that world, how real it felt. It gave him a headache but he decided to accept and enjoy what he was given and stop worrying. He finally felt ready to give Seokjin and himself a chance.

One day, as Seokjin was cleaning through the store room, he came across Jungkook's diary, he knew he shouldn't but he was curious and wanted to know Jungkook's past to provide him with a better future than his past. As he went through the diary, he understood where Jungkook was coming from. He understood why Jungkook gave him a look of longing as he looked at him for the first time. He knew he would never be able to replace the void that empty space his family he had in his past. But he will surely try to create a garden that can hopefully tend to that void and make Jungkook feel safe and secure. He promised himself that, He will create the fictional world that Jungkook desired in their real world.

_____________________End____________________