03 : Do you wish to marry ?

✦❘༻༺❘✦

✦❘༻༺❘✦

Ivy immediately lowered into a cursty.

"Your Royal Highness."

No matter how she felt about him, he was still the Prince Royal, the future King the country will pledge allegiance to soon.

He let out a heartly giggle, the sound making her heart tighten a bit as she looked up at him.

He looked the exact same, a bit older, but the energy he radiated was the same, his soul remained kind and warm.

It didn't help her poor heart at all.

"Care to join me for a walk, Viscountess ?"

Flashback

"Have you ever dreamed of exploring the Heavens, miss Hapsburg ?"

It was a pleasant night, which meant that Prince Jimin and Miss Hapsburg met once again.

The prince still wasn't courting her, their little escapades had no label on them, but it didn't change the fact that they growing closer to one another each time they found themselves in the calm of the night, sharing stories and discussing life.

Suitors kept coming to the Hapsburg estate and kept getting turned away as quickly as they arrived.

Ivy couldn't help but hope that one day, prince Jimin would open that room's door, asking to court her.

He seemed like the perfect man : well articulated, handsome and always ready to listen to her, no matter how crazy her ideas seemed.

However, he never showed up to the duchy to ask for her hand and the only time they ever met was late at night, when no one was awake.

"I must admit that the idea hasn't crossed my mind, your Highness." She answered, looking at the stars with him.

He let out a soft sigh that sound nothing like annoyance, more like peacefulness.

They sat in a field of lillies on a blanket the prince had brought, looking at the sky together.

Each time they met, they went a bit further and further from the duchy to the point where now, they had to take the prince's horse to get to whatever place they wished to go.

"Why not ?" He asked, turning to her.

"Life on Earth is already too difficult to meddle in the Heavens' affairs." She answered, still staring at the starry night.

He didn't answer for a short while, eyes kept on her side profile, analyzing her beautiful features, the ones that got men from all over drooling, trying their hardest to impress her.

Ivy Hapsburg was stunning, no matter the time of the day or what she wore.

"How is your life difficult, miss Hapsburg ?" He asked, not in a degrading way, rather in a curious one.