Chapter 12: Back For More

Start from the beginning

Terrell: "Nice to meet you Simone. I'm Terrell. Usually I would reach out to shake your hand, but since you made me spill a little bit of my drink on it, I'll spare you."

Simone chuckles, "I appreciate that!" She's a little nervous clutching her purse in front of her body.

Terrell: "So, you come around here often? Actually that was corny. Don't answer that. I'm usually not like this but I'm finding it hard to find anything good to say in your presence. You're just so beautiful. That's all I can really think about it right now."

"And you don't look too bad yourself," Simone says as she chuckles a bit. She sees Keisha and Nate off in the distance. "It was nice meeting you. I have to make my rounds."

Terrell is slightly disappointed, but understands this is a party. He can't take up too much of a strangers time. "Okay maybe you can find me later instead of finding your other friend then?"

"Maybe..." she smiles softly just before walking off.

After checking in with Nate and Keisha, Simone finds Gabby at the punch bowl. They stand in that area chatting for a bit and enjoy the music.

Gabby: "Oh we should get a pic. We look too good to not have a memory of this." She looks around trying to find a familiar face. Simone is still facing the punch bowl. She's pouring another drink. Damon approaches. "Hey Damon, can you get a pic of us?"

Damon: "Sure!" Not realizing that it's Simone standing at the punch bowl next to Gabby until she turns around. As she turns around, he takes in her entire look from the dress to her purse and shoes. She's glistening a bit after applying her Palmers: Illuminate gel to her body. her lower ponytail drapes over her shoulder. "DAMN!" Is his reaction to her beauty. He clears his throat and tries for a more calm approach. "I mean, wow! You look really nice!"

Gabby hands Damon her phone. "Yeah she been getting a lot of that tonight. That's why I'm tryna get this picture. Take the phone please."

Damon grabs the phone. Gabby and Simone pose as he snaps a few pics. After looking them over Gabby determines that they're good enough for Instagram. Damon and Simone just stand there waiting on her next move. "Okay, imma go find the bathroom. I'll be back. Thanks Damon." She taps his shoulder as she walks off.

Simone: "Sooooo how's the hand?"

Damon holds his hand up, stretching his fingers, then balling them back up. He flinches a little as his fingers close into his palm. He smiles. "All good actually thanks to that ice pack."

Simone laughs "So not only did you come out to party with a bum hand, you also came in the same outfit that you were fighting in? You know what, nevermind... imma let you have it. You've had a rough day."

Damon: "Yeah you might wanna keep it quiet or you'll never get that bear."

Simone scoffs, her mouth dropping open a bit. "You wouldn't dare."

Damon: "Say one more thing, about my hand, or my outfit, and you'll find out."

Simone throws her hands up. "I said I was gonna let you have it. You don't play fair."

Damon: "You started it."

Simone: "Okay well I'm finished now. Actually, I'm bout to go sit down for a bit. Go do something fun."