Chapter 11: Escaped

⚠️This chapter may be triggering for some people it contains (sexual assault)⚠️

"Found you," was all he said. I couldn't take my eyes off the floor my whole body was shaking. He had found me. I don't even know if Myisha heard anything I had said before he hung up on her. I felt the tears streaming down my face but I wasn't making a sound. I felt paralyzed.

"Get up bitch playing dead isn't gonna work for you," His voice was clear but my vision was not. I couldn't see anything it was like my world had turned black. I just wanted this to be a horrible dream. This couldn't be real it just couldn't be. Eventually, his patience had run out and I felt him forcibly lift me up by arms.

As my vision slowly returned I could see the same toothless smile from before. I wanted to try and fight him again. But I remembered he had a gun. I knew I wasn't faster than a bullet. I gave up. As he was dragging me away he stopped at a tree. I realized he wasn't bringing me to Steve anytime soon.

"Move and I'll shoot those little toes of yours, I'm sure boss won't miss em I'll just tell him you left me no choice," He said while pointing his gun at my bare feet. I wasn't wearing socks so I could see how cut up my feet were but it was the gun that made me tremble. I was to scared to even breathe.

I flinched when he started laughing hysterically while staring into my eyes. I could barely see past my tears. He pushed me down on my knees using one hand on my head while the other was still holding the gun. Once I was on the ground I felt the tip of his gun on the side of my head. I felt the hardness hitting deep into my head through my hair.

I felt like I was on the verge of peeing myself. I was so scared. He used his other hand to unbuckle his pants, he was struggling and I could hear him grunting with every failed attempt. "Why don't you help me instead of watching slut," he said while using his free hand to gently slap my face a couple of times.

My vision was still blurred by tears but I brought my shaking hands up to his belt. At this point, I was sobbing quietly. I could barely see but I was trying to unbuckle it as quickly as possible so he wouldn't shoot me.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I shut my eyes and screamed. I thought he shot me. I didn't feel any pain but I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't even process what had just happened. I heard a loud thud hit the floor within seconds of the gunshot sound. I couldn't feel the toothless man in front of me anymore.

I was too scared to open my eyes. I just fell back into the tree still crying.  I was full blown sobbing and apologizing to whoever was in front of me. "Hey hey shhh it's me baby it's me," I recognized the voice but I couldn't remember whose it was. "I-I'm sorry I-I'm sorry please don't hurt me please I'll behave please I won't run away again I swear.." I was trying to reason with him but I was still too scared to open my eyes and look up.

"Open your eyes my love," the voice had spoken with so much concern in his tone. I realized who was speaking to me. It was Darius. Was he here to bring me to Steve too? What was the sound of the gunshot then? Who was shot?

I slowly opened my eyes while still looking down I saw a body laying down in front of me. My body was still shaking and I was on the floor with my knees to my face while my arms were wrapped around my legs. I instantly knew the body in front of me was dead. I looked up and saw Darius kneeling in front of the body just staring at me.

He had tears swelling in his eyes and a frown on his face. I caught myself searching for any signs of anger in his eyes. I could see a fire burning in his eyes. I wondered if it was me he was mad at. He reached a hand out for me and I flinched. I didn't mean to be scared of him I just assumed he was going to hit me I don't know why. When I looked back up at him I could see the fire disappearing and now his eyes were filling up with sadness.