Chapter 3: My New Normal

It had been about three weeks since that night and guess what. Steve and I are dating. I don't even know how old he is but he knows I am 17 and Myisha is 16. I had to tell him the truth when he questioned me the next morning because I was scared he already knew I was lying, plus it was Myisha's idea to have fake ages so I couldn't answer him when he asked me why I had lied in the first place.

Myisha had ended up with his roommate Xavier who looked in his thirties too, she told me she asked him to go to his room for some quietness and they hit it off after that. I didn't find out until Steve was getting ready to bring me home and I saw Myisha walking out of the room across the hall looking tired and her hair was fucked up. She told me she wanted to keep seeing him and begged me to be with Steve, I told her no because he was a grown-ass man but she still gave him my number. Xavier didn't have a car so it was Steve who always picked us up when she wanted to see him and I was stuck with Steve.

It's not like he was ugly, well.. he really only had his height going for him if I'm being honest. He was bald with a little beard but he had bright white teeth and a little beer gut like a true grown man. He also had a 4-year-old daughter who I had met by accident when she barged into his room while we both were naked while watching Netflix. 

He had forgotten it was his weekend with her. I instantly became a step mommy at 17 that weekend, we went to the park and went out to eat at this fancy ass restaurant, and he even took us to an ice cream shop. It felt like a date if i'm being honest.

If you were an outsider you would probably think she was my daughter the way she clung to me instead of her father. I loved kids so I didn't mind but it did feel a little weird having someone else kid in my arms knowing I was fucking their baby's father. I did not need that type of drama in my life so I hope there was no ill will towards the mom and him. 

Her name was Stephanie and his daughter's name was Sofia and they were Dominican I learned that Steve wasn't only Haitian but half Dominican and he spoke perfect Spanish. He said his Spanish was better than his Creole. To me that was still impressive because I only spoke English I wish I knew 2 more languages.

It was a normal Friday and Myisha and I decided to skip school to go to the mall and smoke and chill. We are always skipping I think we only go to school like two times a week if I'm being honest.

"So guess what?" she asked me while passing me the blunt. "what.." I answered scared of what stupid shit was going to come out of her mouth. "Xavier has kids in Haiti, he was talking to them on Facetime and he was even flirting with their mother right in front of me," she said but yet she barely sounded pissed only surprised. "OMG, how old are they... I knew these men were old, Steve has a daughter too." I replied to her expecting her to finally realize we should have boys younger than them.

"I knew he had a daughter, he told us in the car girl but that's not the point.. do you wanna know what this dumbass man did while I was in his bed naked?" she asked me, I just nodded my head because I was in the middle of taking a hit. "HE PUT THE CAMERA IN MY FACE!" she yelled which caught me off guard causing me to choke on the smoke that was coming out my mouth. "He wanted me to say hi to them like I had the blanket covering me but my hair was also a hot mess so you know it looked like we just got done doing something," She said more calmly while looking at me as I was trying to get my breathing back under control.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing so hard because what the fuck is wrong with these men. " Stop it's not funny I was so fucking mad I slapped that phone out his hand and I almost slapped him but he hopped off the bed quick to get his phone off the floor!" she said. I passed her the blunt and just kept on laughing because there is no way she slapped his phone on the floor. "If I did that to Steve I would probably be killed he is seriously so scary like I cannot keep seeing him anymore girl," I had been telling her this same statement for weeks hoping she would finally agree with me and cut these men off. "Girl if you dump Steve I'll have no one to give me a ride to their house to see Xavier so please date him.. for mee" She said the last part while giving me puppy eyes.