Chapter twelve

Roy's POV

She was Charm. My best friend! I recognised her immediately when I saw her at the cafeteria. I wanted to hug her, and we could start talking and catch up, but she didn't seem to recognise me.

I felt bad that she didn't know it was me, so I didn't bother telling her. But it was like she didn't miss me or care that I had left. She never left my mind, and I kept wishing to see her again.

The reason I even moved in the first place was because my parents got divorced so I followed my dad and we went to France.

3 years later, I got lucky. I won a music competition and unlocked my hidden talent. I was never really into music, but I went for the competition anyway and won. Dad was glad, and since he's rich, he made me more popular.

When I won the competition I got famous and I was called to TV stations for interviews and different stuff. I was 11 years old at that time at that time, and I was cute for the cameras. I was always asked if I'd like to go into music full time. I said I wasn't sure, but It'll be cool if I did.

So, dad made me go into music. I stopped going to school and started my life in the world of music. It's not like I don't like music or anything, but this is a little too serious. I just won a damn competition what's with all the lessons.

At first, I would have gone solo, but I met Devon and Steve, and I had to make a band. Devon loved popularity and showbiz, and he knew the instruments and beat well, Steve had a wild imagination, and he was the one who wrote our songs. I write songs too, but I mostly just sing what Steve wrote.

I also met Willow, whose mum was also into showbiz and stuff. She was a pretty cool girl and very funny.

Then, after years, we got famous, and all that Charm came crawling back into my mind when I almost forgot her.

I convinced dad to let me continue school back in America. He was reluctant at first, but I made him send me back. Steve and Drake said they'll tag along, so we put music on hold for a while.

Now we're back home. I met Charm in the cafeteria. I didn't even know she attended the school. Willow made me come her because she was here, but I'm so lucky to have found Charm.

She looked so different and mature, and she had gotten prettier. At first, I thought she'll recognise me, but she didn't even look at me. When she did, she didn't recognise me.

I felt so sad. So she forgot me? I thought I was something special to her. I thought we were besties.

Also, I actually had a huge crush on her, but I couldn't tell her, so she won't stop being friends with me, but here she was now, she didn't even recognise me.

When I told the guys they felt sorry, I mean, Steve felt sorry.

" Dude, that's rough. I mean, you've been talking about how excited she would be if you ever saw her, but she didn't even remember you, " Steve said and patted my back.

I removed his hand. Why was he treating me like a kid?

" Well, I don't blame the cutie. Who remembers an ugly freak?" Devon asked and laughed hysterically.

Steve shot him a glare.

" Don't lose to this moron Roy. Maybe she knew it was you, but she doesn't want to seem too excited, " Steve says.

I smile a little. " Yeah. Whatever."

Devon laughs again. " Don't cry, lover, boy!"

" Shut up!" Steve snaps. Just then, the girls walked past us, and they were laughing and talking. Charm looked so cute.

I caught Steve staring at that Zulu girl. " Hey, did you notice that Zulu is really cute?" I ask.

" I think Steve noticed that," Devon says.

Steve instantly stopped staring at her. " Shut up," he whispered and walked away.

I and Devon kept laughing. " Try your luck. Go get her number, " Devon whispers.

" Huh?"

" Charm, right? If she forgot you, you have to remind her"

I think about that. Then, walk up to her.

She wasn't mean or anything, so I don't know why I was scared to talk to her.

She responded nicely, and I git her number. But I don't know if I want to tell her I'm her best friend. I want to know Charm all over again as a stranger.