Chapter 3

Brook's P.O.V.

I leaned away from Harry and looked at the other boys. They had confused looks on their faces as if they hadn't heard what we had said.

"Can you see her?" Louis asked, not taking his eyes off me.

"Yes." Harry told them, "This is so strange, how could I not see her?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I'm not really an expert in this 'I'm a ghost but I'm not dead and people can see me' stuff."

 Liam chuckled, "Well we aren't either so I guess it's just guess work."

I look back at Louis and his eyes were studying me carefully, "Can I help you?" I crossed my arms.

He shook his head bringing him to his senses, "Sorry, you just remind me of someone."

"Oh, who?" I wondered.

"I went to camp with her, her name was Lynn Thomson." he told me.

I froze. I couldn't believe it, he remembered me. I did go to camp with Louis six years ago before he was famous. We were in the same group and we became friends, but we lost contact after the camp.

I know what you're thinking, how can it be you if the girl's name was Lynn and my name is Brook? Well my name is Brooklynn so years ago when I had went to that camp and before that I went by Lynn but I began to go by Brook three years ago. And now you're also thinking the girl's last name was Thomson and yours is Tanner. You see when I was younger my mom left and I lived only with my dad, so I used his last name. But child services took me away from him three years ago, when I started going by Brook and using my mom's last name Tanner. Now there's the 'Why were you taken away by child services?' question in your head. I was taken away by them because my neighbour found out that my dad would beat me so they came and got me and I am now living with my mom. But my mom isn't that much better though, she doesn't really care about me.

I started to think of my dad and how he would be drunk when I got home from school. How I would somehow manage to piss him off by doing something and he would hit me. How if I tried to fight back he would just hit harder. How I would have to hide my bruises the next day at school. How I began to-

"Brook? Are you okay?" Niall was waving his hands trying to get my attention.

I shook my head trying to clear it, "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I put on a fake smile.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked.

I nodded, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you just frozen when Louis mentioned that girl." Zayn shrugged.

"Do you know her?" Louis questioned.

"Yeah, we're really close. It's like we're the SAME PERSON." I put a lot of emphasis on same person.

They gave me confused looks. I looked at Louis to see that his eyebrows were scrunched together, the gears in his head must be starting to turn. I waited to see if he would get it.

"Brook and Lynn." he muttered, "Brook and Lynn......Brook........Lynn.........Brook......Lynn.......Brook...Lynn....Brooklynn...oh." All of a sudden like something had clicked, realization spread across his face, "No way." 

"What?" Liam asked.

"Yes way." I laughed.

"What?" Harry repeated.

"I can't believe it." Louis smiled.

"What?" Zayn wondered.

"You better believe it." I told him.