Chapter 1

Niall's P.O.V.

Zayn slamed on the brakes, but before we could fully stop the car collided with something. Zayn became pale as he stared with wide eyes out the windshield. "Shit." He said under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked trying to see what Zayn saw.

Louis, who was sitting in the passager seat of the car followed Zayn's gaze. His eyes widened and he became pale too. The two boys were now frozen in place. Me, Harry and Liam were trying to see what they were staring at. Then all of a sudden the two frozen boys quickly undid their seat belts and rushed out of the car. We followed them after a moment of confusion.

We made our way to the front of the car were Zayn and Louis were standing. Our eyes fell on a girl lying on the ground with blood pooling around her head. Our expressions mimicked Louis' and Zayn's. Liam pulled out his phone and dialed an ambulance.

We had just been at a party and we were driving home. We were listening to music and singing along to the songs when I had asked Zayn a question and he turned to face me for a brief second. Then when he had turned around he slamed on the brakes. And this is where we are now.

The ambulance came quickly and took the girl from the street. We followed them to the hospital and waited for the news about her. There was one problem, we didn't know her name.

"Who's here for Brook Tanner?" A doctor called.

No one moved, that is until Louis got up and walked over to the doctor. Louis said something to him and the doctor nodded. Louis then motioned for us to follow him. The doctor took us out into the hallway.

"Can you boys tell me what happend to Brook? And how do you know her?" The doctor questioned.

"We don't know her, we just were driving and we hit her with the car while she was walking." Liam explained, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes she will." The doctor told us.

"Is she awake?" Harry asked.

"No, she isn't. She is in a coma." he said.

"What?" Louis asked.

"She is in a coma and we aren't quite sure when she is going to wake up. But hopefully in a week or two." he explained.

"Can we go see her?" I wondered.

"I'm afraid not, only friends and family are allowed in to see her. She will be fine, now why don't you boys go home and rest." the doctor told us.

"Alright, thank you Doctor." Liam said.

The doctor nodded and left. We decided to do what the doctor told us and we went home. When we got there Harry flopped down on the couch. The other boys joined him while I went to shower.

Brook's P.O.V.

I quickly opened my eyes, sat up and took a deep breath as if I hadn't been breathing. I looked around and noticed I was lying in the street. Luckily no cars were around. I quickly got up and went onto the sidewalk. I fixed my shirt and hair (picture of clothes on the side), then began to walk. I didn't even know where I was walking, I felt like I was just beging pulled towards somewhere. As I walked down the streets I passed many people, I saw some that I knew and said hi to them and waved but they didn't seem to see me. I shrugged it off and kept walking, that is until I saw my neighbour sitting on a bench. I walked up to her.

"Hi." I smiled. She didn't even move or look my way. I then stood in her gaze, but she acted like she could see through me.

"Come on this isn't funny." I said and she still didn't move. I began to wave my hands in front of her face, but she didn't react to it either. I went to push her but as I went to make contact with her I saw my hand go through her shoulder. I shrieked and pulled my hand back. My neighbour just continued to sit there and stare through me.