# Hashtag Unique Phenomenas

✨Index✨

1} Aurora Borealis

2} Great Blue Hole

3} Lenticular Clouds

4} Darvaza gas crater

5} Giant's causeway

6} Lake Hillier

7} Light Pillars

8} Bioluminescent shore

Q⟩ What do you mean by Phenomena ?

A phenomenon, in a scientific context, is something that is observed to occur or to exist. It is simply a fact or event that can be observed with the senses, either directly or using equipment such as microscopes or telescopes.

🌏🌍🌎

1] Aurora Borealis

An aurora is a natural light display that shimmers in the sky. Blue, red, yellow, green, and orange lights shift gently and change shape like softly blowing curtains. Auroras are only visible at night, and usually only appear in lower polar regions.

2] Giant's Causeway

The Giant's Causeway lies at the foot of the basalt cliffs along the sea coast on the edge of the Antrim plateau in Northern Ireland. It is made up of some 40,000 massive black basalt columns sticking out of the sea. The dramatic sight has inspired legends of giants striding over the sea to Scotland.

3] Darvasa Gas Crater

The Darvaza area is rich in natural gas. While drilling in 1971, Soviet geologists tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of 70 meters (230 ft) at 40°15′10″N 58°26′22″E.

4] Great Blue Hole

The Great Blue Hole is a giant marine sinkhole off the coast of Belize. It lies near the center of Lighthouse Reef, a small atoll 70 km (43 mi) from the mainland and Belize City. The hole is circular in shape, 318 m (1,043 ft) across and 124 m (407 ft) deep.

5] Lenticular Clouds

Lenticular clouds (Latin: Lenticularis lentil-shaped, from lenticula lentil) are stationary clouds that form mostly in the troposphere, typically in parallel alignment to the wind direction. They are often comparable in appearance to a lens or saucer. These lens-shaped orographic wave clouds form when the air is stable and winds blow across hills and mountains from the same or similar direction at different heights through the troposphere.

6] Lake Hillier

Lake Hillier is about 600 meters (2,000 ft) in length by about 250 m (820 ft) in width. The lake is surrounded by a rim of sand and a dense woodland of paperbark and eucalyptus trees with a narrow strip of sand dunes covered by vegetation separating its northern edge from the northern coast of Middle Island.

7] Light Pillars

Light pillars are optical atmospheric phenomena where pillars of light appear to beam up from the ground into the sky. The ideal weather conditions for this to occur are on a frigid winter night (often subzero temperatures) with high humidity and little to no wind.

8] Bioluminescent Shore

Glowing lights in the ocean's waters and shores is what is called bioluminescence. This is a biochemical emission of light caused by living organisms, which creates a glowing and twinkling effect in the water.

9] The Underwater River

The underwater river is formed when the fresh top water meets the exposed salty groundwater. The point where the two waters meet and causes a milky sort of effect is called halocline. The different density level in the two waters causes them to layer.