Suspicions Part 1

"Maybe it's Miss Malice?" Tommy suggested. There was a sharp pang in my head as Malice appeared next to me and gasped. "Well, pardon me brat but what exactly makes you think I'm the one at fault here?!" "Oh, I don't know, maybe because this surely seems like the kind of thing you'd pull!" Tommy huffed. "I am literally going through my reformation process! I'm trying to change! I'm not like that anymore!" She disputed. "She's got a point, Toms, she is trying to change, and she's been working really hard to do so, I don't think it's her." I shrugged. "People don't just change like that though Maria!" Tommy disputed. "Hels, Xavier, Wilbur, Eret, Techno, and countless others changed didn't they?" I countered. Tommy fell silent and looked back at them, only then realizing what he'd just said. "I-I'm sorry I... I wasn't thinking..." Tommy's voice faltered as he stepped back, tears forming in his eyes as his gaze moved between Techno, Eret, and Wilbur, before finally fixing on the floor.

Tommy slowly sank to the floor, sobbing into his knees. Wilbur quickly shuffled over to his younger brother to comfort him. "Hey, hey, hey, look at me, Toms... I'm right here, it's okay, we know you didn't mean it..." Wilbur hushed, rubbing circles on the younger's back in an attempt to calm and comfort the boy as the rest of us walked over.

Eventually, Tommy's sobs turned to sniffles as he calmed down. "I'm sorry Malice, I wasn't thinking straight, I know you've been working your hardest to change during your reformation process, and my words were insensitive to that..." Tommy apologized. "I forgive you, and in all honesty, you're kind of right, a few months ago, I probably would have been involved in this somehow, but I'm trying to leave that behind me. So I'm sorry for lashing out at you..." Malice shrugged. 

"Well, since Malice is ruled out who else might it be?" Ghostbur asked. "Well, we know it's not any of us..." Malice started, pausing in the middle of the sentence. "At least, hopefully, it isn't because technically the only other person I can vouch for is Maria," Malice admitted, holding her hands in the air. "You can only vouch for me because you live in my mind..." I criticized. "Exactly! I can vouch for you!" "Yeah, because you never leave my mind and you're antisocial!" I ranted. "At least I am vouching for you instead of leaving you hanging as a possible suspect!" Malice scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Alright, that's enough you two, let's keep going, we still need to find the others." Ranboo reminded. "Right, let's move," Eret nodded.

447 words

A/N

This chapter was angst to comfort in a nutshell, I loved it.