Part 22: A Little Something

Start from the beginning

No idea where this thought is coming from now.

Kyun laughs. "Wow, really?" There's mock hurt in his voice. "I saved your life!" He falls on the mattress next to her. "And don't pretend you didn't enjoy what had to happen for me to save you!"

A shy grin appears on her face as she remembers.

"Too many supernatural creatures around weaken this power," Kyun mumbles, and she nods. This actually makes sense.

"So I don't have to necessarily call your name if I ever get in trouble again?"

"When you call my name the connection is stronger, so it's always the safest thing to do if you need me."

This kind of calms her, because it feels like she gets into trouble a lot. And it's nice to know that he'll be there if worse comes to worst—at least for the next five months...

Lost in her thoughts about him, about Will, about the deal, she chews her lip and stares into the emptiness until Kyun lifts her head by her chin.

"Will you be okay?"

For a long moment she holds his gaze. Then she nods slowly "Yeah... but can you stay a little longer?" She hates herself for doing this. She was supposed to get distance from him, get away from him. But here she is, begging for his closeness.

He sighs. "Babygirl, it's Christmas Eve! I have work to do..."

Oh shit, she completely forgot about that! Since he mostly works at night when she's sleeping and is not able to miss him, she often forgets that he also works.

"I'm sorry!" she mumbles, kind of relieved that he rejected her again. If she can't be strong, at least he is—even if it's for different reasons. "You're right, I'm sorry..."

Kyun smirks at her before getting up and looking around in her room. Her room until she moved to Los Angeles at sixteen. And this room still screams teenager. The pink walls, the plushies, the collage of old pictures pinned above the desk.

Kyun stops in front of those exact pictures and studies them.

"This is what you looked like when we first met!" he suddenly says. Surprised, she steps next to him and they both stare at the picture.

"Yeah..."

It's been ten years. She can see how young she was back then. She didn't realize she'd had so much baby fat left until it was gone.

Her eyes fall on Kyun, who keeps on gazing at the pictures, so baffled that he remembers her like this.

Again she can't help but notice his insane beauty. His sharp jawline, his high cheekbones and the long, pitch-black hair falling into his face...

"That's Henry, right?" Kyun's chuckle rips her out of her stare and she follows his gaze to the picture he's pointing at.

She laughs. "Yeah!"

Since all these pictures are layered underneath and on top of each other there was no way for her to take out the ones with Henry without ripping down the whole construct. So she had no other choice but to  scribble over his face with a marker—and she can really see the aggression she had back then.