Chapter 19

Spicy

Bambam

My heart was beating loud and fast. People were screaming out two different numbers as the drums continued to roll. All the noise and the seconds stopping by only made me more uneasy, so with my eyes closed, I put my arms around Taeyong and Yugyeom.

"The champion for the Yearly Spring Dance Competition is..."

"The Dance Dazzlers from Daejeon High!"

My eyes flew open in shock, and I watched the crowd cheer for us.

"Yes!" My team shouted in glee. As I locked eyes with Yugyeom, we both laughed and partially hugged each other before we all shook hands with the other group.

We moved downstage with the host where a trophy and a cash prize awaits us.

"Congratulations!" The host smiled. While he was talking, my eyes searched the crowd. It didn't take me long to find them.

They were waving the biggest banner I've ever seen tonight.

"We did it guys!" Chungha clapped, and we all followed suit. We formed a circle and placed our hand in the center to do our group cheer.

"Daenseu daejeulleo! Go!"

"Guys!" Jongin extended his arm so we could take a group selfie with his phone.

"You were amazing, Lisa." I heard Yugyeom say as Soonyoung beckoned me to come close to him. When I did, we both posed in front of his camera as he continuously clicked the shutter.

"Hey, congratulations!" I looked over my shoulder and saw Lisa's smile.

"Congrats! You did great." I smiled back. Suddenly, Jongin wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"We must celebrate!"

–•–

"You guys were so awesome!" The bustling restaurant was full of people who also came from the competition, yet Seokmin's energetic voice was probably heard by everyone inside.

"I've always known that you guys have the talent but your performance earlier was exceptional! No wonder you got the championship."

"Of course! We prepared a lot for this. All our sacrifices were worth it!" Chungha replied.

"Yeah! Heck, I was always with them these past months. Imagine being with them and seeing their faces everyday. The horror." Jongin jokingly stated, which earned him a playful punch on the arm from Soojin.

Laughing, I slightly shook my head and looked to my right when I saw people arriving. I immediately raised my hand and waved at them.

"Hi everyone! Congrats!" Chaeyoung greeted. Everyone seated on the long table greeted her back. Some of them were from the other clubs, student council, and most were our friends whom we invited.

"Hi! Lisa, right?" I looked back at Chaeyoung and found her taking a seat beside Lisa.

"Ah, yes. Hi." Lisa bowed. I was stuffing some meat into my mouth when Chaeyoung suddenly exclaimed.

"Wow! Taeyong, right?" Taeyong, who was seated on the same side as hers and beside me, craned his neck to see her since Seulgi and Lisa were sitting in between.

"Yes. You must be Chaeyoung."

"Yes! Isn't that, like, the latest, super spicy ramen? I've seen it a lot in social media. People come here to try it out. How can you even handle it?" She said as she quickly pointed at his bowl.

"Ah, yes. I used to hate spicy food when I was younger, so I don't know why I can tolerate it now."

"Anyhow, that's very awesome of you." Her voice was quite loud so he can hear her. I paused when I noticed some of the guys closely listening to the two.

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Well, for me, yes. Since I can't even handle eating even the slightest bit of anything spicy." She replied with her nose scrunched up.

I couldn't help but smirk when my eyes landed on Eunwoo who's sitting right in front of her. He was just watching them silently.

He looks stupid.

He must have felt someone's gaze on him because he looked up and looked at everyone at the table until we locked eyes.

He had this questioning look on his face. I puckered my lips and pointed at my eye before I let my index finger run down my cheek.

He looked confused for a moment before he managed to shook his head when realization hit him.

I was smirking as I ate my food when the waiter came up to ask their orders. Chaeyoung was busy scanning through the menu when Mingyu spoke.

"I'd like one of that, please." He pointed at something—Taeyong's bowl, specifically.

"I.. I would like to have one as well."

I bit my lip as I can't help but grin, kind of surprised yet slightly worried at the same time.

Can he really do it?

"Yah, Dongmin." Chaeyoung suddenly looked over at him in surprise. "Are you serious? You have such gentle taste buds."

I laughed. "Yah, she's right. Can you even handle it?" He glared at me for a second but didn't say anything.

"I'd like to try." He told her.

"Oh, can I have this, please?" She pointed at the menu. The waiter nodded before writing it down.

Jaehyun didn't even bother to look at the menu. "The same as hers, please." The waiter took the menu from him as his gaze directed towards Jungkook.

"How about you, Sir?"

Although Jungkook was sitting on the farthest corner next to Chaeyoung, I was able to hear what he said.

"I would like to have your spiciest ramen as well, please."

—soleoyal,