Chapter 1-Alone

𝕜 𝕚 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒

"KIARA DAWSON!" Ms Waylon yelled. "Would you mind sharing your drawings to the whole class? Stand up."

I flinched, then stood up. Shit, I hadn't been paying attention. "I-I'm sorry, Ms Waylon,"

The entire class erupted into laughter, and I felt my cheeks burning. I hoped they didn't appear as hot as I felt.

"Sit down. And if I catch you doodling again, you'll have to go to the principal's office. And I'll be waiting for you after the lesson. "

I sighed. Ever since my sister Cordelia died last month, I had been acting weird and spacing out all the time. Cordelia was my best friend, my defender...my sister. I had always been bullied for being bisexual, but she would be there to protect me.

Time skip: 30 minutes later, after class

"Kiara, I understand, but being a new student does not mean you don't need to pay attention. As everyone knows, the Prestige Academy does NOT tolerate laziness, tardiness, or doodling in class."

"I-I-I'm sorry, Ms Waylon,"

Lunchtime came—like every day, I sat at a table alone. I started eating the soggy vegetables (typical school lunches 😔) and watery curry.

"Hey, frog-face, over here!" I glanced up. Splat! Someone had hurled their dessert at my face. I clenched my teeth, chocolate dripping from my hair. It was Avery, my arch-enemy.

"Kiara, if I wanted to kill myself, I would jump from your ego to your IQ. You don't belong in our school, you know we all want you to get your shit out of Prestige Academy. This school isn't supposed to accept trash like you—it's only because of your sister that you were able to get in our school," Avery sneered, then kicked me onto the ground.

This happened to me EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. At least twice. Tears welled up in my eyes, and a lump formed in my throat. and I wiped the chocolate off my face. KIARA'S SUCH A SOFTY SAVE HERRRR😭

Avery flipped her hazel hair. "Who the fuck do you think you are, Elon Musk?" With that, she stalked away.

I survived the rest of the day in silence. When I got home, I started daydreaming, alone in my own world. I had always wanted to live in a fantasy world, one that would take me away from my misery. (Yes she kinda has depression lol) I dreamed of unicorns and phoenixes and fairies and mermaids until someone knocked on my door.

"Kiara!" My dad opened my bedroom door and sat next to me, who was lying on the bed. "Ms Waylon called me today and told me you need to focus more in class, not doodling. I know Cordelia's gone, but you can't let that affect your life." He exhaled through his nose heavily. "By the way, we're going hiking this weekend, at Destiny Mountain. You should start packing your bags now."

He exited the room. Holy Jesus, I hate hiking, I thought.

THERE IT IS THE FIRST CHAPTER HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT

-alviina :)