Holy Mother of Eros

Start from the beginning

So, call me crazy when I heard him say to one of his friends "I'm going to ask her out, and I hope she accepts" and got my hopes up. I was beside myself with hope and joy, thinking he meant me.

However, my heart shattered the next day when I saw him kissing Paris in the parking lot. Of course, he chose her. Everyone always chooses Paris. She just has that effect on men.

I forced myself to tear my eyes away from him when I saw Paris bringing him coffee to his office.

Instead, I brought my attention to my computer and decided to stop being concerned about him.

However, when I turned in his direction, I would occasionally catch him staring at me, even while talking to Paris.

Does no one notice his actions or am I straight-up delusional? Who knows? He may have been staring at the big wall clock above my head. One needed to look at the big ass clock to tell the time after all, because there wasn't a phone or wristwatch right in front of them to use.

Just as I was about to return my focus back to my computer, a huge wolf dog made a beeline through the office, dodging everyone and...wait, was it heading for me? Before I could react, the dog hopped on me almost knocking me off my chair. I shrieked.

"Hydra, down boy." A voice commanded, and the dog quickly seized its tail wagging and mellowed to the floor.

I sat stiffly on my chair, still trying to comprehend whose dog this was, and where it came from.

I didn't get to ponder for long though. A tall, lean, but muscular man, who looked to be in his mid-twenties, rounded the corner from the office entrance.

To say he was hot was an extreme understatement of the year. If Eros and Aphrodite came together as one being, it would be this man.

He was dripping with the very epitome of sex, masculinity, and attractiveness.

Head full of wavy black hair, thin almond eyes that gave him an air of aloofness, perfect aquiline nose and pointy natural lips that portrayed no smile.

When his eyes met mine, I shuddered as if I had just been bathed with ice-cold water. He had an electric-blue eyes with a hint of hazel hue on them. Never in my life have I seen something so compelling before.

I was so lost in awe that I didn't notice he had come to a stop right in front of me. He bent down, his face only inches apart from mine. My breath hitched.

He was so close, too close.

It certainly didn't miss my attention that he smelled heavenly, like goji berries and a hint of cashmere wood. It made my aching muscles feel relaxed.

His eyes scanned the tip of my toes, then traveled up my legs that were clothed in mom jeans, then to my thighs where they lingered for a little bit. To my arms, my breasts, then they stopped at my neck.

His gaze shifted a little bit when he looked at my neck, and I remembered the hickey-looking marks from this morning. Oh gosh, can he see them?

I brought my hands up to quickly adjust my black turtle neck shirt to cover my neck even more, but for some reason that seemed to make him furrow his eyebrows.

That was weird. The entire way he looked at me was weird.

However, odd as it may be, I didn't mind one bit. In fact, I wanted his eyes on every part of me.

I squirmed a little, the fabric of my jeans making it a little bit uncomfortable on my core.

He inhaled the air with his eyes closed, and when he opened them, the hazel hue on his pupil seemed to have enlarged.