OS - 7

Hi friends!
I have not updated my OS series for a while. So here is a little something to make your day.

Exhausted after the back-to-back meetings in ARD, Arnav Singh Raizada trudged inside Shantivan. Today he had to handle everything all alone. Mamaji and Akaash had to attend the emergency board meeting. Naturally, the entire office load fell on him. However, ASR was never the one to give up when things turned tough. So after a hectic day at work, Arnav ascended the stairs when he heard Manorma Mami's voice. The loud whispers from her room reached his ears.

"I am telling you, Manohar, they share an earth-shattering chemistry. I have great hopes for Arshi."

"Manorma we cannot just present this idea to Arnav. He won't approve of Arshi."

Confused by the conversation Arnav sighed loudly and then chose to head towards his room. After a hot shower and a restful nap, the man felt much better. The businessman in Arnav desired to know the result of the board meeting so he walked out of the room. To Arnav's surprise, Akaash stood against the railing of the stairs on the other side of his room. With slow footsteps, the man reached his cousin, who was busy chatting with Aman over the phone. Before Arnav could enquire about the board meeting he heard something familiar.

"I am as excited about Arshi as Di Aman. But Di wants me to remain nonchalant about it, till we have reached an agreement with bhai."

Again the word 'Arshi' rang in Arnav's ears. It did not take long for Arnav to comprehend something. Firstly, his nosy family was keeping secrets. Secondly, this so-called secret had a name, Arshi. And thirdly, it had a direct connection with him. Retreating from Akash's form Arnav slowly descended the stairs. His mind worked at double speed. Is Arshi a family friend? No. Or maybe Nani chose a girl for him, intending to get him married to Arshi?

Yup. Could be possible. Since the day Akaash got engaged to his lady love, Payal, Di has been hogging Arnav's free time. She only has one thing to talk about. Love. Life partner. Marriage. While Arnav did not believe in the institution at all. Unless it is she who wants to marry him. Hmmm. Arnav grinned as he recalled the defiance in her eyes. He would have died due to boredom, at Akaash's engagement party, if she had been absent.

Khushi Kumari Gupta. Payal's hot cousin had triggered something inside him, three months ago. She kept visiting with her family from time to time on several occasions. A fortnight ago Khushi had arrived with Madhumati auntie and a priest to set the wedding date. Clad in an orange indo western outfit she resembled a blazing flame meant to burn him alive. Strangely Arnav wanted to burn along with her. The girl did not give him the slightest of attention. For Khushi Kumari Gupta, he was just the elder brother of her would be Jeeju. The two had only been alone twice. Once at their first meeting near the poolside. And then another time for a few minutes when she made Jalebis for Anjali Di. And the whole time he had stood near the fridge on the pretext of drinking cold water. She had sensed his presence. Her trembling hands were proof.

Arnav shook his head trying to clear his mind. Damn it. He was supposed to find answers about 'Arshi'. Why is he lost in the thoughts of Khushi Kumari Gupta? Irritated and confused, the man entered the kitchen only to notice his servants huddled in one corner, gossiping like old ladies.

HP to OP
"suffice to say I witnessed the first Arshi moment in the kitchen weeks ago."

OP to HP:
"you are wrong. I was the first to witness a hot and cold moment near the poolside months ago. There was a typewriter involved."

Arnav slammed a glass of water on the kitchen slab annoyed by Arshi. What the hell?! The man was agitated by the stupid conversations making rounds in his own house. Instead of doing some constructive work his family and his help were discussing a secret about him.